or Connect

Posts by Death24xASecond

Yeah it's fine if it arrives in time for next fall/winter, I guess. Would actually be awkward if it arrives on a day like today (New Haven, 87F, 60%+ humidity, altogether miserable).
Oh I'm not holding them to it. I originally thought I might receive it by the end of this year, but following developments over summer I'm fine with a first-half 2015 delivery.   Edit: Though I confess it would've been nice--I have a spring conference in Montreal...
Put in a few small changes in measurements to allow for layering. Was told to expect end of year/early '15, which I already anticipated since I have a mid-late-Dec '13 order. 
 Honestly can't tell if this was a sarcastic shot at TOJ or not. If the latter, could you say a bit more? How can your jacket be ready to be shipped but is...not being shipped? 
Intriguing to read that some jackets are going into Nov./Dec. order dates. May the MDRs be amongst them...
Green lamb Harrington sounds intriguing. Was there ever a makeup like that/do you have any idea what it looks/might look like?
^ That's actually pretty relieving to learn, for those of us who didn't know what to make of the reports of leather thickness variations.
After having read a fair bit on Kamakura here and elsewhere, I stopped by today along with my wife. It's an interesting story of how the Madison Ave. store first won me over and then lost me as a customer.   I had a wonderful experience from the moment I stepped in. I was attended to carefully by a female sales associate (I didn't catch her name), who took my measurements, understood what I wanted in terms of fit, and helped me get two oxford button-downs in the colors I...
If that implies (as it does) that this sort of total silence regarding why, after explicitly promising that daypacks and wallets would not be delayed, they are nonetheless delayed by more than twice as long as scheduled, was something that was "planned," then that's even worse. You're effectively saying that it was known that daypacks could not be sent out on schedule, yet we were given a schedule and promises anyway. You're also effectively saying that it was planned that...
    Two things I note: 1. This is the "official TOJ thread," not the "official TOJ Public Relations thread." Therefore, we who are interested in TOJ or are customers (past/present/would-be) are entitled to voice our thoughts on anything relating to TOJ. 2. You've consistently defended TOJ by implication, arguing that the frequent complaints are not going to change anything. The point is exactly that: the lack of any change is exactly the problem that is becoming worse over...