Posts by Death24xASecond

Yeah I notice mine is lighter than my F/W 09 intarsia but with temperatures in NYC hitting the high 60s in February, I guess I don't mind lol. 
I'm actually going to post a recent purchase that, for me, ranks among the best/most interesting I've seen (and owned). It's a Rick Owens moto intarsia, so fairly standard--if highly impressive--pattern, details, etc. Super slim cut, high armholes, perhaps among the most flattering moto style jackets around. The leather is "metallic calf." Think blistered leather, but not matte. It catches the light in varying ways but never gets blingy or "too much." It's from S/S 2009 or...
Welp, too late! I'm pretty happy with it, though. It's from S/S 2009 or 10 so it is lighter than my F/W 2009, but the leather treatment is rather terrific. Given its age it has some worn parts, and they wear really nicely, like an overly-nappy suede if that makes sense, with a green-black tint. For a 7-8 year old jacket it's in great condition and the leather treatment catches light all over without overdoing it or looking cheap/blingy. I actually find it more interesting...
Interesting. My wife is of Asian descent (born and raised USA, parents i.e. my parents-in-law are Chinese immigrants). I agree with some of what you're saying and believe I understand to an extent the desire for cultural capital that manifests itself not just in luxurious consumption but also increased access too (even if not necessarily comprehension of) museums, art galleries, universities, and other relative intangibles.  But I don't see this lasting beyond a generation...
Anyone have experience with metallic calf RO jackets? Almost at the point of making the purchase but it's a peculiar leather that is difficult to judge by photos on a screen... @sinnedk @thekunk07 any help maybe?
Photography sort of my field of expertise (history of, theory of, criticism of, etc.). These photographs look superficially arresting but are fairly indistinguishable from any other low-key/chiaroscuro-style-lit portraiture. Certainly not dealing with any Diane Arbus/Richard Avedon/Lee Friedlander-level material here.  Probably unpopular opinion since Slimane-worship is the norm here but whatever--not willing to let it pass when I actually know something of the matter....
Dropped off Hedi 30s and Chelsea 60mms at Leather Spa (NYC) for Topying. They kindly added a heel tap to the 30s as the rubber has worn down slightly. I held off on Topying the former mostly just because of life stuff and never really getting to it. So they've been worn fairly regularly--2-3x/week for about 2 years or so. Have to say they have held up very nicely, for all that they are "not Goodyear welted." The uppers have barely creased much (I use shoe trees of course)....
This makes perfect sense, of course--but I would point out that it isn't just the perceived length that's involved here. The sz. 40 Chelsea is actually shorter than the 39 Hedi* 30 by approx. 1 to 1.5cm. * I misspoke in the earlier post; turns out my Hedi 30s are actually 39, not 39.5.
Quick shots of newly-arrived 60mm Chelseas with noir filter slapped on because Hedi aestheticz lolz.    But seriously. These are 40 and my Hedi 30s are a 39.5. Somehow, these are slightly smaller in overall length and seen from above, actually have a slimmer (narrower) outline. The shaft is absurdly skinny and fits around my ankle like a glove. I am wearing LL Bean ragg wool socks as I live in New England/NYC and it's cold, so the fit will be more forgiving over dressier...
Found it: https://www.americanamanhasset.com/shopping-and-dining/store-directory/mens-mrkt/ It is indeed Americana.