or Connect

Posts by JimmyHoffa

Post some fit pics of your Ralph Lauren suits.
Fox umbrellas aren't bad, but the wood scratches easily.   I'd be very interested in seeing the difference between a Fox and a Briggs. I think a Briggs doesn't use a nylon canopy?
  Be careful Lach. With bags you have to make sure that where the strap joins the bag, there is minimal tension/stretching. You'll notice with Filson (see below) that the strap securely joins the bag in the middle of the face and is attached using 'square leather pressure displacers'. This process adds on extra manufacturing time and adds to costs. It looks great now, but will it look great after the 15th wear? If you're not a pedant for manufacturing, then it shouldn't...
Thanks Gerry, Richard and Fxh.   Looks like I'm getting it all wrong today.
 Interestingly, the suede fits me slightly better than the leather. Intuitively you would think they make the suede slightly larger to compensate for the fact that it can't stretch like leather, but I don't find this to be the case. Also, what 'fits like a glove' is all a matter of comparison. The only real benchmark I have is a pair of EG on the 'great 88 last' - which don't fit me nearly as well. So the 7000 may not fit as well as other lasts, but it fits significantly...
Let's get off the drugs.     Suede Lobbs. 1st bathroom selfie.
Actually, having thought about it for 6 hours, no stimulants except for caffeine should be legal. Alright, you win. Peking Ducked.
Meth is an extreme stimulant, of course that should be illegal. In hindsight, it was silly making a blanket statement by saying 'all stimulants should be legal'. I was referring to the recreational use of MDMA and Cocaine.
Having the opinion that a certain drug should be legalised, when it is currently illegal, will always paint you as a crazy nutter.   The sadder thing is, I am hypocritical: I think Pokies should be illegal (sorry Mr Ainsworth). So it really comes down to personal preference as to what should be legal and what should be illegal.
Nonsense! I'd be in twice as many brainstorming sessions, pondering how we are going to develop the next best thing. I wouldn't have time to post meaningful banter on SF. Also, other stimulants take a fraction of the time to consume compared to a cup of coffee (literally just one inhale).