or Connect

Posts by JimmyHoffa

Gentlemen,   If anyone is looking to buy a mate of theirs a newish pair of Loake 1880s - UK 7/7.5 or a size small Barbour International jacket - check my signature below for listings.   Cheers!
Hi Team   I have a beautiful new Barbour International waxed cotton jacket for sale - the Bede. I have worn this less than 3 times. I need more space in my wardrobe and I just don't wear it as often as I wear my Barbour Commander.   It is designed to be layered, but will definitely fit someone that normally wears a 36" chest or a 38" chest no problems.   It is a very dark navy and still has the waxed feel. It is an authentic garment that can be worn with a suit,...
Hi Team   I am selling a barely worn (less than 10 times) pair of black Loake Savoy size 7 UK shoes.   These are wonderful shoes and a great entry into the Goodyear Welted shoe market. You'll thoroughly enjoy these brogues and will have no problems wearing them to work or a special event.   Why?   I believe in beautifully made English shoes, and I know you do to. Sadly, in Australia (Sydney in particular), we do not have access to these shoes at shop front. I took...
That is an incredibly depressing story. I really feel for you. Pricks!
 Cheers Appolyon. It is such a shame. When I bought that computer in 2009 it was lightning fast. Now it sounds like a Boeing 747 on a runway and takes forever to switch on and open up programs. It is just the feeling that I could 'put up with it' for another 12 or so months. But are laptops really going to take another leap forward in 12 months?
Team   Sorry to throw the thread once more, but I need your advice.   My desktop computer (bought for $1,200 Nov 2009 - 5 years, 6 months ago), wouldn't switch on. I played around quite extensively inside to no avail. I urgently wanted another computer so I dunked $2,200 on an Dell XPS 13" laptop. This weekend I gave one last attempt at playing around with the old computer, checked all the chords, and it booted up fine (I have a feeling the HDD may have not been...
 I don't buy from corporations that avoid paying tax. What if you don't use Macs?
 I thought you had blocked my posts! Long time, no speak! You're right - just weekends. Hey, my computer has necked. I have to regrettably tap into my travel fund to buy a laptop. Has anyone tried the XPS 13" from Dell? For the $2,000 price range?
 Compadre Do not take her to the Park Hyatt - it's shit. Book a table at ARIA or Quay if you are set on a nice dinner out. Quay you will have to wait 4 months, so I'd go with ARIA. I'd actually really recommend Lumi. It's a new Italian restaurant on the wharves at Pyrmont. You can catch the ferry from Circular Quay together - beautiful at sunset. If you are prepared to venture out of CQ, your options are limitless.
$6,000 for bespoke GJ Cleverly at Double Monk! Are Lobbs and St Crispin bespoke in that price range too?