or Connect

Posts by madeinpoland

For sale is a pair of beautiful, brand new Vass oxfords. The shoes have never been worn and come with branded dustbags, original box and lasted shoe trees. I am asking 400 EUR + shipping costs. Paypal or transfer only.   Exact specs:   Brand: Vass Budapest Model: 1065 (Old English II) Last: P2 Size: 45 Leather: medium brown suede Sole: double-to-single JR leather sole with metal toe taps
For sale is a pair of beautiful, brand new Vass oxfords. The shoes have never been worn and come with branded dustbags, original box and lasted shoe trees. I am asking 400 EUR + shipping costs. Paypal or transfer only.   Exact specs:   Brand: Vass Budapest Model: 5220 (galosh oxford) Last: P2 Size: 45 Leather: dark brown boxcalf Sole: Double-to-single JR leather sole with metal toe taps
made by D. Niestroj (https://www.instagram.com/niestrojleatherworks/); classic, dual-compartment, legal briefcase design with functioning and removable wrap-around straps (as in SAB's Westminister); made of the original J.&E. Sedgwick's "Australian Nut" bridle shoulder leather (ca. 3mm thick), still with the distinctive white "gloom" appearance; fully handstitched and built to last, using exclusively the quality "Fil Au Chinois" linen sewing thread; measurments: ca....
Thank you, kind sirs. I'll probably go with the oxblood, since it is more subtle and business appropriate. Sure Vass burgundy is a wonderful shade, but also rather showy and not the best option for a guy who doesn't want to get noticed.
Take a #A6 repp twill from Cappelli. Looks great.   A grenadine grossa would be the more natural choice for a versatile tie (so says Simon C.), but grenadine looks kinda dorky nowadays.
Anyone's got the photo of an oxblood calf next to a dark brown calf? Or an oxblood calf next to burgundy calf? I already have dark brown calf, considering oxblood or burgundy for the next dress shoe.   Is it true that oxblood looks very similar to dark brown?   Pictured from the left: burgundy, oxblood, navy.  
Considering Cappelli's cashmere ties. Any idea which ones are actually pure 100% cashmere, and which are made of a wool/cashmere blend?
Is there any difference - as fas as room for instep is concerned - between F (G-fit) and P2 ?
Gotta be Steed, straight from Savile Row. Cheap as fuck.
Any idea which last those Vox's Vass are made with?