or Connect

Posts by kingsolomon

Very, very pleased to see a resurgence of flower prints in the fw show. I've always been a big fan of yohji's flower prints and I'm a keen collector and wearer of them. The look of the flowers are very reminiscent of the flowers in the clothes that carried the 花と少年 (flowers and youth) theme that was present in his work quite a few years ago, and this is probably just a continuation of it. love those yohji prints. 
David, all of that looks and sounds absolutely phenomenal. Green with envy.    I loves this collection. A lot of very wearable pieces and I think it's a strong continuation of the already established Yohji summer look that's been going on for the last few ss. In the fallout of this I was a little saddened that almost 30 years later wwd's discourse hasn't gotten any better with a reliance on Orientalist tropes.  This is the...
I've got a couple books to suggest. They're light on the pictures as they're a bit more academic:   Re-Orienting Fashion - The chapter by Lise Skov is wonderful. It discusses the Orientalism that Japanese designers faced in the eighties. Actually, I would recommend anything by Lise Skov.   The Japanese Revolution in Paris Fashion - For those who love their Japanese designers especially those in the eighties this is the book for you. It's a comprehensive book on...
I really hate that quote, "It's ethnic, that's all". Frankly, I still surprised at how much the orientalist framing of Rei and Yohji in the 80s has continued to this day. 
Yeah, that was me who won the ss03; it was just too good to pass up. I currently have a love affair with all floral Yohji pieces. 
Everything's coming up Milhouse :) How do they fit compared to the yoox models. Can't trust those models. 
Some fw13 illustrations.   
Love this thread. Sat down for about 5 days just read all of it. I'm really glad I did. Immensely helpful; especially the Yohji in the 80s. So many great looks here. I'll definitely be staying here for a while.  Keep it up. 
Bought the Raskan Pants and the Kaghak Cardigan from the La Garconne Sale. Really impressed by both. Expect the cardigan (Mohair) sheds all over the contrast panel on the pants. Right now I've just been paring it with Common Project Derby Boots and Beams+ white shirt. But I think that something along the lines of Yohji would be better suited for a looser silhouette, and I'll look less like I'm going for a job interview.