or Connect

Posts by MoneyWellSpent

Great feedback, much appreciated!
Thanks for the feedback. So you just mean that they may benefit from something more interesting than just lines? The patterns are sufficiently different enough to not cause conflict I think.
This thread needs to wake back up.   Here are a few of my recent ones:   Cotton shirt is very light pink with a white stripe.  Tie is silk, fairly bright brown, with white/silvery stripe.  Glen check sport coat was worn with navy trousers.    Same Glen check sport coat a couple of weeks later.  Solid chocolate brown silk tie.  Cotton shirt is a navy/pink check, hard to see in the photos.  Checks are about a half inch wide, and apparently subtle enough to not show...
This is correct.Moccasin construction will not have any cork. There isn't an where to put it. Contrary to popular belief, the main purpose of cork is to fill the void under the insole due to the gemming construction in Goodyear-welting which is a byproduct of the construction method, not for comfort. The comfort slogan came along later as a sales tactic.
Yeah, they seem to be on a different calendar with shoe sales, so a lot of times they won't be on sale when they do those insane sales. A lot of times they don't advertise the shoe sales. You just have to monitor their website.
Jos A Bank gets made fun of for how many sales they run, but when they put their better stuff on sale, it's worth watching.I got a pair of Boardrooms (1st quality of course) for $207.00 last December. That was the best I had ever seen, but they regularly dip below $300. The sales vary, but let's just say that you can get them for the price of a pair of 2nd's if you watch the sales.
Consider the Nathan as well. It's Joseph A Bank's exclusive, made on the 8 last. Same style as the 5th Avenue. They put them on sale all the time. I have a pair and love them.
I think there has been a sharp decline over the last couple of decades, but we are seeing a renaissance now. The up and coming generation that is joining the workforce has a lot of interest in classic menswear. It's not hard to find, from big box to boutique, classic is where it's at (with some contemporary flair, granted). I know there are always those who will follow fashion, so if classic goes out of style, then many will go with it. But, I think many men have been...
Agree with all that. The other issue I was running into is that when I'm done reading, there isn't a way to go back to the article list from where I left off. Clicking the back button starts the entire search over, and you have to scroll completely through the set of articles to get to where you left off. Maybe not a big deal on a PC, but rather annoying on a mobile device when there are so many posts to scroll past to find the one you want.