or Connect

Posts by pennzi12

Cheaney Pennine Country Boots on the way....I will post photos when received.
Cheaney Pennine Country Boots on the way....I will post photos when received.
  Many Thanks and Happy Holidays to all!
A fresh pair of the C&J Islay The Coniston now has a friend      
 Excellent!  Good to hear.
 I know right!  I noticed something peeling off the tongue of the boot after the fist lace up out of the box. Then I nicked the toe a few days later and noticed some discoloration and more peeling. It is a shame because the boots are really comfortable. I did have a good experience with the Frye Arkansas boot a few years ago.
 Whatever finish they used on the leather to give it a burnished look for this particular style peeled off not only on the toe but other parts of the upper as well.  Not sure if the photos are clear.   
 Sorry for the late response but adding to this conversation.....I have a pair of Frye James Lug Wingtip Boots and the uppers are completely destroyed after 3 months of normal wear, it has a nice sole but.....You will be better served owning the AE Long Branch.  Nice and bouncey!
  Alden Barrie 11D RL Marlow 11D   Hope this helps!    
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J.   Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently?  If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS).  Or a full size conversion.  Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!