or Connect

Posts by apeatapple

How about McTavish in dark brown cognac? Would you guys recommend to use leather lotion over saddle soap? Some posts on AE recommended to use leather lotion and some says to use cleaner/conditioner, but never recommend to apply saddle soap on the dark brown. I sometimes found their answers to be very confusing. 
Hi all, I just have a general question about shoe care. I have a pair of dark brown McTavish. What shoe care from AE I should be applied to protect the leather and keep it as new as possible? And how often should I apply those shoe care? 1 month ? 2 month? I got a bottle of condition cleaner (in natural color) and leather lotion. But i have never applied any shoe care on my leather shoes before. Do I get the right color condition cleaner?
Please help me to choose gentlemen. With the allen edmonds sale is about to end, do you guys think I should invest in buying a black Mctavish or a walnut Strand? The Mctavish is on sale for $230 and Stand is on sale for 285. Im kicking myself for not getting a pair of Strand during Nordstorm annual sale, which it was 220 back then. Do you guys suggest that I should save the money for now and get a pair of Strand instead of the black mctavish? 
Please help me to choose gentlemen. With the allen edmonds sale is about to end, do you guys think I should invest in buying a black Mctavish or a walnut Strand? The Mctavish is on sale for $230 and Stand is on sale for 285. Im kicking myself for not getting a pair of Strand during Nordstorm annual sale, which it was 220 back then. Do you guys suggest that I should save the money for now and get a pair of Strand instead of the black mctavish? 
Thank you for the suggestion. I prob. go for the black McTavish, since I don't really dress suits that much. That dark brown McTavish looks very beautiful. How you gonna match it? With a dark denim, navy, dark gray chino or khaki? 
hi guys, this is my first post. I recently purchased a dark brown cognac Mctavish. This is my first pair of AE, and I am absolutely in love with them. With the current sale for AE, I am very tempted to get a second pair of shoes from them. I am debating whether I should get a black Mctavish, which is a more causal/business casual shoes or a black MCallister, which is more formal. I usually wear jeans, khaki, or chino. I wear my black suit only for special occasion, such...