or Connect

Posts by Itsuo

Very encouraging to hear, now I just have to figure out what it would cost. Thank you @DWFII!
Please! I do most of my ordering on a mobile device and while I appreciate the mobile site, the load times leave room for improvement This thread is no slouch
For hand welted shoes with a full leather insole, how much can be done to make the shoes wider at the factory? For example as part of the resoling process, can they use a wider last and perhaps cut the insole in half build and relast/rebuild the shoe to be wider?I know there are implications for the upper when/if you introduce a wider insole, however they may have been stretched quite a bit by the wider foot over time. I have a few pairs that are too narrow, they were...
Can we have a sole shot? I know SC has a number of rubber sole options.
Isn't that the Alden crest in the bottom of the left shoe?I'm trying to imagine Marines being able to afford boots made out of anything but the cheapest authorized issuel. You do remember what the boots were made to do? However to be fair, there may have been some crazy unit like the President's Own (Marine Presidential band) or the silent drill team that had/has one-off exotic gear.How long ago are we taking? Maybe Marine officers' dress shoes were once made of something...
They look great!  I'll be interested to know how much (if at all) narrower the "toe box" is.  I have stuck with the classic because of my wide feet, I'm afraid nothing else will look good or fit comfortably.  

Have you considered bringing in silk OTCs? I've heard many good things about them but noticed they are only available (in colors other than black) by a very limited number of outfits. Silk seems like a potentially strong (for its weight) fibre.I also experience "pant-hanging" around my calfs when I sit down and my raised pant leg gets stuck by the friction between my socks and trousers on my calfs—when I stand up. I imagine it happens to some others as well and silk...
Great end of season sale again @Gdl203! I committed to a shirt from Portuges Flannel that looks beautiful and I hope will last me a long time. I don't have a need for very many casual pieces so I usually get away with one warmer or flanneld shirt for the season. I've had my past piece for what seems like 5 yrs. I can now safely retire it. I choose not to take the advice to size up on this because I don't like any hint of a baggy fitting. It worked out fine but it is...
 I thought pB's comment to DW was about St.C's practice of hand stitching the sole on a resole vs the hand crank machine; I thought he was asking about how that made sense or if that was odd.  And I made me wonder, of all the shoes that come out of the factory, what percentage actually go back to the factory for any kind of sole work?  If it is as small of a number as I assume it is, perhaps hand the hand stitching operation isn't that big of a deal.   Of course DW later...