or Connect

Posts by Itsuo

+80=112,730
Pictures!?  Different strokes indeed.  
Completely agree. I've found the St.C 611 to be much closer to a Cherry color than a No.8/Rioja/eggplant color which I really like. I ordered my last pair in 611 and asked for them to make it very dark but it still came out a little light for my liking.I wear [my babies] anyway but when I send them in for resoling I plan to ask them to give the shoes the heavy "midnight" treatment I've seen them give to navy shoes that really darkens the shoe. .It's the best. I have a...
Some exciting mens formal and professional wear in this short video.  I couldn't tell if Mr. Canonico's waist coast was something new and unusual or just standard and off center from his jacket.  Either way, lots of to enjoy.    Gieves & Hawkes and Vitale Barberis Canonico Gala Dinner - 11th November 2014-HD from Vitale Barberis Canonico on Vimeo.
 Very nice @RogerP!!  Wear in good health! It sounds like we have similar sizing obstacles.  I also started out with a St.C G width from which I had to begin making adjustments to get a better fit.  I agree that it's an excellent option compared to working with either standard RTW sizes or commissioning bespoke.  I'm still dialing in the correct size though...   
 I would suggest DC as a candidate for rough urban terrain.   Understanding people are much less likely to walk as much in DC as NYC, DC is obsessed with brick sidewalks and planters in sidewalks.  Both lead to horribly uneven surfaces downtown due to uneven settling and root protrusions.  My personal favorite is the water that collets in the space between and below loose bricks in the sidewalks. These pockets lay in waiting for  you to step on them and like some kind of...
Good points, thank you.  I've never heard of having it made completely in the jacket's facing material.  That would be quite the piece! I'll ask him again, I tend to move in the directions he guides me but I will consider these points.   Thank you for this @Lensmaster I didn't know about the association with white/cream waistcoats and white tie.  That might discourage me since I wouldn't want to stand out too much.    Yes, my jacket is SB with a peak lapel.   Very good...
Tbh I noticed with Alden and Saphir branded wax I had to buff with a woolen cloth (an old fuzzy Alden cloth) to get a good shine, but with the GK High Polish wax, it just shines up without the need of buffing.I only occasionally hit it before wearing with light vigorous buffing from said Alden cloth thought I'm sure any soft cotton cloth will do.
I can empathize with spending money and not being satisfied, but I agree with the sentiment of both posts above. You have to put your expectations in perspective, or only purchase in person.These are meant to be worn on your feet and they will bend and crease and even warp a little bit based on your gait/walking style over time. I don't see much reason for such a meticulous inspection (particularly across the vamp and in the arch) when wearing them will immediately create...
My pair of polished and mildly waxed Alden CXL LHS—before I sold them.. It was fine. Like all other things, came down to personal preference.