or Connect

Posts by Itsuo

I agree, I have them in CRU but I don't have the best grasp of the difference. I've heard many explanations but in the end, I fall back on the fact that I like the pairs I have in CRU.
  I've had some good bargains there.  I agree it's best to check all the details of that which you buy.  I actually picked up some of their shirts (when they were sourced from Italy) from there at a good price.  I was able to fill out one of the VAT forms, I forget where I got it, and itemized my Drake's bounty from the Haberdasher Shop and received my refund.  Just an fyi, you can get the refund just not the forms like in central London.  
This was a made to measure tweed jacket from Sartoria Promessa of Japan.  It is fully canvassed and done in Harris Tweed with: contrasting elbow patches, genuine leather buttons, and functional sleeve buttons. The jacket also has no vents to keep in the warmth, and a functional lapel button hole with accompanying boutonnière loop.   As with all of the other things I'm listing, I lost about 30 lbs over the last year and this just does not fit anymore.  It's heart...
I'm no expert with GK products but I use them as advertised on the site. It would be perfectly reasonable to use the Cream Shoe Polish followed by the HIgh Shine Paste. I personally use the neutral Cream Shoe Polish for most of the shoe and then apply the High Shine Paste to the toe and rear quarters. Occasionally I'll put a layer or two of the HSP all over.Great overall products IMHO.
Sorry to hear you didn't get much from the process. I was aware there is a fee, but I didn't know how much. What I really need is just a little more space at the width of the foot. I'm hoping the re-last over the new added pieces does the trick.I really like now deep/dark of a burgundy these are! Have they always been like that or do you do anything specific to get that color?I wish I fit a standard last, but three pairs in and many many miles later, they're just not as...
Are you waiting for a trunk show or your next purchase? I'm having my pairs re lasted on said personalized last currently.Interesting. I'm hoping that, by using my current shoes as "testing pairs" and having modifications made to my new personalized last, having them re-lasted will bring the shoes very close to an excellent fit.I understand additional pieces for the width of the foot and heel bone spurs will be added along with lowering the top line slightly under the...
Thank you all! I'll try to find some regular comfortable apparel to wear. Good point that they're regular clothes. Marketing and professional endorsements can make one forget that. I will lean toward natural fibers and maximum protection from the sun but I won't rule out "innovative" options. I'm convinced that I often learn too much in lessons to retain, but perhaps I'll take a lesson and wait a few weeks so that I have time to apply what I learn. Thanks again!
I've been golfing a few times over the last two years, usually when I'm home visiting my family as they're avid players.  I usually take lessons a few times while home, play with them and then never pick up a club until I return a year later.  They gifted me a set to take with me last year and I've been visiting the driving range twice a month to hit balls and just get more comfortable with my clubs and swing.     I'm curious about two things.     First, are there any...
I can empathize with you. That waiting was always my experience with G&G MTOs. In the end I just factored that service into the price and moved to another maker that delivers MTOs on time (on one order it was even a week early, imagine!)Hang in there! You can try emailing the factory.
Recently received my third St.C order. Thanks to everyone for your feedback and support on this thread! Special thanks to The Armoury NYC and @RedDevil10 for their excellent continued assistance! Also @patrickBOOTH for his valuable St.C consultation.