or Connect

Posts by Itsuo

Thanks Jeff!My mother really likes the pair I ordered. Now my father wants one. Do you know if it's possible to get prescription pairs made?
Hi Jeff, I have a family member who also wants a pair of Nackymade sunglasses. Is there a way to see what models you currently have on hand? Or is it all on the website? Thanks!
You're well within your rights to email Philip directly if you're really feeling hard done by your retailer/wait time. I personally used to feel like it was on the retailer to manage the relationship and handle things with the maker but sometimes they're just playing telephone (or messenger) and it there is utility in making direct contact for updates.I wouldn't do this for routine updates, but if you're not getting answers and you feel it should have been delivered,...
Incredible wholecut @chifromdachi! A number of your pairs would be on my shortlist of "StC Thread" pair of the year. @TtownMD, love the V-caps! I have the green suede pair in crust and love it. I'll admit that it's probably best in suede though. I noticed you're taking them both in the chisled last, and specific reason beside asthetic/personal preference? Also, is it just me or is the chestnut color close to the lighter shades of the Russian Calf color?
Wow, I thought mine were in a class of their own.As far as having it made up with a 5mm adjustment instead of 3mm, I agree that it will be in the category of "totally noticible to you but invisible to anyone else."If you're talking about these being relasted with a last+5mm adjustment, then it won't look different or really do anything. Having had pairs relasted with and without a resole, I'm convinced the relast creates a placebo response at best.
I added the full 2mm to fit 5 on both sides of my personalize last, I believe. It was much better than just the G width. My original pairs on just the G last were tight for nearly a year. Now they're fine, but that was a long process. I'm honestly not sure what changed more, the shoes or my feet! Everything after the personalized last, with the extra fittings is much more comfortable out of the box. If you're unsure about doing it to just one side, I recommend...
I recommend getting trial shoes, seems like a waste of time and money but when you get to enjoy the look AND comfort of your new pairs, you'll be thankful you did it....This is advice I wish someone told me. I'm sorted now but I took a few pairs to get it right.
Thanks @coldinboston, this is something I'm going to look into.I did have this thought, and it's perhaps part of the reason I haven't taken them back. In the end I'm not sure it's my look. But thanks for the long-view perspective @GusW!
Has anyone considered having the legs tapered a little more? I noticed my first pair of Rotas (Sand Beige Light Cotton Twill) have great constriction and fabric but compared to the Incotex trousers I'm trying to replace with Rotas, the legs feel quite loose in the lower portion. So far I've just come to terms with it but I thought I'd see if leg tapering is something people here do. Thanks!
I agree, they're probably the best take on a saddle derby that I've seen!That being said, if there was an issue, it seems to me it's usually the reponsibility of the retailer to make you whole.