or Connect

Posts by linafelt

^^ It's a shame that the 269 has gone bad for some guys.  I really like the way it looks -- the thin black line in the heel, etc, and also I feel like it's pretty comfy to walk on and works well on nearly all surfaces in my experience (except packed snow or ice, which I rarely get in DC). For what it's worth, I have worn mine (on BH's) for over a year and a half with no problems.  Just now they are getting an expected wear mark on each sole right at the ball of my foot;...
 Yeah, I think I read a comment by BV that the 1035 was their widest last in the toe...
The vamp and toe will be lined, only the shaft is unlined. For some people CXL has stretched quite a bit and you end up with your laces creeping closer and closer. Others seem not to have had that problem.
A zippered Viberg boot on Instagram causing a bit of a kerfluffle. I have to admit it depresses me to think of Viberg doing zippered boots, but I'll try not take it as a sign of the apocalypse...
Okay, calling all SD Brown Dress owners:  I am thinking of getting a pair, but am thinking about the various options -- Brass vs antique eyelets; all eyelets vs speedhooks; captoe vs no captoe; which sole to go with, lined vs unlined, etc.  I know there are pics posted all over the place, but it'd be nice to get them all here in one place, and to get updated pics from those of you who have posted in the past.   So, @meso , @bl@ster, @AT83, @b-ewing, and all you other...
 They have always had some quality control issues it seems. I posted a few years back a comparison of White's and Viberg, and you could definitely see how the White's were a little off in the stitching, sloppy dying, proportions off, etc. But seems like has always been mostly aesthetic.  Not sure if anything has changed since the buyout...
 If you end up getting more interested in Aldens, you should sign up for The Shoemart's email list for 2nds and discounts.  They send out a list several times a year, and Indy boots with slight or no flaws tend to go for 300-something; that's how I got mine...
 If she finds out you can just say, "Be glad I didn't order three pairs of Vibergs.."
 Yeah, White's are not cheap.  My first pair of "gateway boots" to the upper end of the price scale were Iron Rangers, which as I say I couldn't end up getting to fit me. But once I had decided to pay $300 for a pair of boots (never having paid over a hundred previously) I realized it seemed a short step to $475 or so for the White's Bounty Hunters I ended up going with (Semi-dress are even less).  I basically constructed a White's boot to more or less match the black IRs...