or Connect

Posts by linafelt

Yeah, White's are not cheap.  My first pair of "gateway boots" to the upper end of the price scale were Iron Rangers, which as I say I couldn't end up getting to fit me. But once I had decided to pay $300 for a pair of boots (never having paid over a hundred previously) I realized it seemed a short step to $475 or so for the White's Bounty Hunters I ended up going with (Semi-dress are even less).  I basically constructed a White's boot to more or less match the black IRs...
This is my experience too. I love the way IRs look, but find them oddly long and narrow. Even EEs just seemed like D width. You should check out White's Boots.
The 310 comes in either D or E width, the only Viberg last to do so I believe.
BTW, I am sure this has been addressed, but how does the arch support in Nicks compare to White's?
Ha, I remember someone complaining once that Nick's were just like White's boots made by Viberg, and I thought "sounds like the perfect boot to me!"
I've gotten more interested in the C461 last for a possible next pair of boots, so ordered a returnable pair of the Hathorn Travelers from Amazon, which I figured at the Cyber Monday discount if I loved them I would keep but would probably return.  Anyway, for those interested here are a few pics of them next to my BHs (SD last).  Bottom line is that the C461s feel quite a bit smaller, even though they are the same size as the SDs (9.5EE).  Definitely much more narrow and...
 I know it's just my personal situation, but I've got a pair of black White's right now that fill the slot for me.  But also, I am not into the texture of Bison I guess...
 I love the older, thicker horsehide that Viberg used to use (see the brown one's in meso's wanted add, and the black ones done several years ago for VMC); but most of the recent HH seems to be the thinner fashion-oriented leather, which I am not interested in.  An except is the Context boot, but looks like that leather is not available. So, if we could a thicker, brown, workboot HH, that'd be coolm, but otherwise I am thinking Icy Mocha CXL (or perhaps brown oil tan).
 One would think, but let's face it Viberg is not quite known for their flexibility...