or Connect

Posts by linafelt

You might want to try White's, which have every width you can think of..
 Right on.  I have worn workboots pretty much all my life, and I remember hearing about the "Indy Boot" years ago, how it was the "grandaddy of all work boots" etc., and when I finally saw a pair I was not impressed.  They seemed more like shoes to me than boots.  But after a while the sheer old-fashionedness of them started to win me over. And then at some point I discovered that until the movie made them famous they had been, for decades, known by Alden as "the High Work...
No, you're right of course, and I don't mean to imply that creasing or wear in general is bad. Not by any means. It is rather the type of creasing and wear, and how quickly it happens.  There was that pair of black CXLs a few weeks ago that look pretty bad, however you slice it, after one day!  So again, I am not against creasing or wear, but I think there are various kinds and levels. With regard to Alden, yeah I know they have QC issues, etc, but I have to say my CXL...
Wait, where's @Raneleigh?
That's right, it was on Instagram...  Yeah, the "beeswax" leather looked interesting too didn't it?
BTW, @BBlue's Icy Mocha boots above remind me that somewhere it was announced that they are going to restock that leather.  Which means, perhaps, a chance at these beauties for the next MTO..?  The old 1940 service boot pattern, toecap, half sole, lowered heel:     Though I know this is jumping the gun; just wanted to plant a seed...
Yeah, I'm going to try a few more options. Not done yet..
Would love to see more pics of the Garage Boot, especially in sun so as to get as sense of that brown oil tan leather...   With regard to the Half-Japanese, I think the thing I like best is the sole and heel.  It's intrinsically a great combo, heavy and boot-like, but the execution by Viberg is really something.  Notice the way they dovetail the half-sole so well into the second layer of the midsole. And both the midsole and the heel stack are super tight (unlike so many...
I like both. Just a matter of taste, and how you feel any given day I guess..