or Connect

Posts by linafelt

Okay, to confirm our "Half-Japanese" old-style work oxford, based on the feedback received, I am going to say let's solid-up around this near-final version.  We are settled on Ebony Latigo leather, with Cat's Paw heel and Vibram half-sole.  The final question is, Antique Brass or Regular Brass eyelets?  I initially said antique, trying to discern what was on the original inspiration boot, but the more I look the more it seems like those are probably regular brass.  I am a...
A life spent debating shades of boot leather is a life well spent in my book. Now, about those eyelets...
^ Maybe this is one of those color-blind tests, but those boots in the picture of Brett look totally brown to me..!
 I hear you, I've always liked them on boots, but am only belatedly thinking of them as a possibility on an oxford shoe.  They may work however, and let's think about it.  Here are two (far far far inferior in every way!) oxford style shoes with them, just to think about: 
Thought there was much more support for #13 (110 wax flesh)..  Unless I was reading comments wrongly..  That's a great boot, even I probably won't be able to go in on it this round.
       All right, you all seem to confirm my original instinct, so that's great and makes me feel like it's right.  Honestly, I am so excited about the possibility of getting this made (you guys have no idea how many times I've looked at Viberg oxfords on Rakuten and wished for something other than the wedge sole), that I can't help but want it to be perfect. The only other question is, if rivets become available, do we want them on the Half-Japanese..?
^^ That's cool.  I am still very much thinking of Ebony Latigo -- just wondering about other options. But seems like it is probably what we want..
So, I don't mean to confuse things any more than they need to be, but for those of you interested in #5, "The Half-Japanese" oxford shoe, I am second guessing just a bit the Ebony Latigo.  I was hoping to get close to the Icy Mocha CXL in the original picture, which seemed a darkish but complex brown with a bit of burgundy, and certain pics of the Ebony Latigo seem close to that.  But the more I look at it the more straight brown it seems -- there aren't a lot of pics...
I agree that the tan horsehide is too light for that build, and it also looks in the pics like a pretty soft leather, which does not seem to work for the 310 either.  Viberg used to have some thicker "horsebutt", but this like like a much thinner leather, maybe "horse strip" (not sure about that), which is great for some builds but I agree not for the heavy duty 310.
 Yes, Cat's Paw heel and Vibram half-sole would be my first choice.