or Connect

Posts by linafelt

Oof.
That's probably true, but it doesn't seem to be white's intent with the heel overhang at any rate, since the standard Cuban is flush to the boot. Only the block heel ends up with that big shelf, and sometimes it's clearly far more than you need to protect the boot.
^ Weird about the lacing...  But a great leather.  With regard to last, I wonder if they are 2040?
I think you'll find that they run long and very narrow.  The amber harness comes in what they call a "EE" width, which is basically equal to a D in my experience.  So if the standard fit is narrow see if you can find a EE.  Or try Zappos, which has free shipping and returns (I tried on about 5 pairs of IRs from Zappos!)  Unfortunately the EE is not available in black, which I think is a very cool boot for the IRs.  Good luck. And if you don't like the IRs, you may want to...
Yes, if they fit you well.  Frye's feel pretty cheap to me these days.  If the IR fits you, it's a great looking boot.
 Yeah, I don't think the categories are mutually exclusive and some of us may have a foot in both.  But I'd say if you're buying the rest of your clothes off the rack and aren't regularly checking other fashion boards outside of boots, but are willing to pay the price for these high quality boot makers:  Boot Guy.
^^ I think one of the things that makes this board interesting is that it was originally mostly populated by "boot guys," who were mostly interested in boots and whose primary points of reference were White's, Red Wing, etc. But then there came in a strong contingent of "fashion guys," who are interested in Viberg as part of a larger style thing, and whose primary points of reference are Edward Green as well as high end suits and watches, etc.  Sometimes the boot guys...
 To me, the Iron Ranger is very close to a perfect boot aesthetically (except for the weird tall and straight back to it).  it was in fact the "gateway drug" boot that got me willing to enter the world of high end work boots.  I had worn Chippewas, Caterpillers, and Sears mechanic shoes for 20 years, when I first saw a picture of the Iron Rangers.  I had never spent more than probably $65 for a pair of boots (usually got em off the sale rack), and 300 for the IRs seemed...
I generally like a more standard leather, but I have to admit that this matte looks good. Otherwise you could check on the black calf at Brooklyn Clothing Co, which looks great, though it has a toecap...
 These look great. A classic black workboot.  It was exactly this sort of build that first put White's on the map for me..