or Connect

Posts by linafelt

I've had both and the 110 felt a bit bigger than the 2045, especially wider in the heel as I recall. Never tried 2030, so can't compare there.
That's some beautiful horsehide there; if they were my size, I'd jump on them for sure..
 Yeah, that's a lot to ask of any man's wallet, for sure. I am the wrong guy to ask about fashion, especially of the dressier variety.  I wear Dickies pants, or some other khakis or chinos everyday.  I have not worn a suit or tie for years.  But when I do get slightly dressed up -- nicer Dickies (!) and a decent button down shirt -- I would definitely wear those oxfords.
^^ Posted mine the same time as yours @Raneleigh -- great minds think alike...
 To be honest, I have worn boots pretty much every day for the last 25 years or so..!  (Except on weekends, when I might wear sneakers.)  I always just have one pair of black and one pair of brown going.  So for me, the oxfords are a new thing.  I've been wanting to add a pair of shoes to the line-up, but have been waiting for the right ones.  For me, they'll be slightly dressier (I understand they are not dress shoes to most people, and that's fine with me) and lighter...
Brown Oil Tan with some wear:  
  No doubt, the 310 is the epitome of sprung toe!  Call it what you want though, those earlier 110s had more of an upturn, as in the original boondocker (upper left):Anyway, I think the consensus is that the inspiration shoe for Half-Japanese is perfectly shaped for that build, so I hope our version (if it gets made) looks just like it:  With a good upturn, more than say the Palmer Trading boot but not to the extent of a 310.
I think Fok said in his experience it was not very sprung, which I believe seeing these later versions. But the inspiration shoe clearly is a bit more sprung, which gives it that classic look. At the same time, a sprung toe always looks more drastic in straight on side pics than in real life, where you rarely see it from that angle.
Yeah the 2045 felt more narrow than I expected. I've never tried 2030, but feel certain the 110 will give you more room.
^^ Regarding the 110, it is interesting how much variation there is in the toe, with regard to how "sprung" it is.  It seems like in earlier versions (the original Boondocker, the oxford sample boot) there was more of sprung toe, whereas these later ones that have been posted seem more flat.  Or perhaps it just depends on who is doing the lasting, or some other factors.  Personally, I really like the sprung toe, and I hope that we can get it that way on the Half-Japanese.