or Connect

Posts by linafelt

No need to treat them out of the box, unless you're logging or firefighting with them! Wear them for six months or so and get some wear on them and then see what you think.
Like @meso says, the CXL Conversation can be a no-win situation. But I have to say, neither my Whites nor my Aldens have that sort of unequal wear. I have been wearing each for over a year, and both have less creasing than that and it's even on each boot. The uneven creasing reminds me of what you often see on 1000 Mile boots. And it's not that I mind wear, by any means, but that looks a little wonky.
You could check out Superdenim or the Bureau Belfast...
^ Perhaps at least partially an effect of the stiff corded sole.  I remember when I had a double mid-soled pair of 310s with horsehide that the leather never creased one bit even after several months of wear.  I was amazed actually and attributed it to the HH for a while, but then realized also that the stiff sole meant that the boot didn't bend much when walking.   In any case, those are some nice boots...
@tes81 Nice! Gussetted tongue huh? Special request?
Exactly what I was thinking!
I know a couple of guys have talked about not liking the commando mini-lug half sole, that it marks floors, etc.  But I am curious, has anyone been satisfied with that sole?  I really like the looks of it, and am wondering if it is perhaps not a lost cause...  Thanks.