or Connect

Posts by linafelt

A good point.  And I don't mind paying for all the hands on labor that goes into US- and Canada-made boots like Wesco, White's, and Viberg, and I think to a certain extent Alden.  (And I know Alden workers are unionized, which being the son of steelworker I am all in favor of.) But like you say, I'd rather have the full price up front, rather than paying for "eyelets" or "stitching"...
 I quickly clicked through their demo build a boot, and with a few standard choices (eyelets, etc!) the add-on charges brought it up close to $500.  For the oxford shoe!  I'd rather they just post a higher price to begin with than to feel like they are nickle and diming you...
 Mine are CXL (or at least supposed to be, I am still a little convinced that they may be HH...), but I don't think that makes a difference with this issue, because it's the 4x thickness of the leather hitting right on the ankle bone, which will hurt no matter what sort of leather I think.  Anyway, I did put a little Lexol on the spot inside, and am skipping an eyelet to get some give while wearing them today.  Pretty sure it will all work out.
Just saw these brown oil tan 310s on another board.  I am becoming more and more convinced that the basic oil tan leather kills:  
Afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but man I really like these work shoes!
No discussion of the new tan horsehides? Looks like another 2030 last I am afraid, though I havn't seen the specs..
Thanks for the feedback.  I don't mind breaking boots in, but I am also willing to give it some help if it can alleviate the pain.  It's not a question of blisters, that hard fourfold layer of leather (outer leather, lining, two layers of tongue) is hitting right on my inner ankle bone and feels like it's almost bruising the bone or something.  Actually, it feels like it is developing a bone spur or something...  We'll see..
So, put my Bounty Hunters back on today after not wearing for over a week, and once again had serious ankle rubbing on one foot, right where the bellows tongue folds back.  I know based on past experience that I will get used to it over a couple of days, but am kind of tired of it every time I put them back on.    So I am wondering about the possibility of taking them to a local cobbler to see if he can cut back the bellows tongue at that point.  Basically turn it from a...
 I think this is what they do standard..