or Connect

Posts by linafelt

I've gotten more interested in the C461 last for a possible next pair of boots, so ordered a returnable pair of the Hathorn Travelers from Amazon, which I figured at the Cyber Monday discount if I loved them I would keep but would probably return.  Anyway, for those interested here are a few pics of them next to my BHs (SD last).  Bottom line is that the C461s feel quite a bit smaller, even though they are the same size as the SDs (9.5EE).  Definitely much more narrow and...
 I know it's just my personal situation, but I've got a pair of black White's right now that fill the slot for me.  But also, I am not into the texture of Bison I guess...
 I love the older, thicker horsehide that Viberg used to use (see the brown one's in meso's wanted add, and the black ones done several years ago for VMC); but most of the recent HH seems to be the thinner fashion-oriented leather, which I am not interested in.  An except is the Context boot, but looks like that leather is not available. So, if we could a thicker, brown, workboot HH, that'd be coolm, but otherwise I am thinking Icy Mocha CXL (or perhaps brown oil tan).
 One would think, but let's face it Viberg is not quite known for their flexibility...
Some nice pics showing up on Nick's Instragram, ahead of the new website apparently...
     For me the captoe is essential.  And if I propose this one this time around it would be with a lowered heel, Cat's Paw heel and Vibram half-sole, and probably Icy Mocha CXL. As far as the 5 eyelets, I agree with meso that it's a little odd but it kind of adds to the distinctive old fashioned flavor of the boot in my eyes. But I know Viberg stopped doing that 1950 service boots style, so it may not even be available.
But also, a killer boot would be something close to the Context 2045, but with captoe (which looks great on that last).
For the 310 guys, this is one that hits all the buttons:  
 And this from a man with Viberg 310s with copper task... That's high praise!