or Connect

Posts by linafelt

Also, anyone know if there are any retailers carrying Viberg oxfords right now?   [edit: other than the ripple sole.]
 I am not much of a fashion guy, but I do think the natural belt would pick up the natural midsole nicely... Now, slightly off topic question:  Can you recommend a good place to get a natural or brown(ish) CXL belt?
 Nice, remind me of some two-tone Vibergs that they offered for a while.
 Wow, for anyone who is a 10.5E, these are some great classic work boots...  That will survive the nuclear holocaust..
 I don't know about the speedhooks.  But sizewise, in my experience the OSBs will be about the same length as IRs but a good bit wider.  I guess I would say try size 7, and you'll have a less snug fit than your IRs.
I like the Vibram 269s on my White's.
Nice boots both !
A couple of things i like about the 269. I kind of like the thinner black line that it gives you through the soul, just for aesthetics. And I like the way it narrows underneath the arch. The standard half sole makes the boot seem a little too skinny there for my taste. And as James says, it feels pretty good on the pavement and has decent grip. Definitely worth considering. For some reason I feel like you don't see it often on the standard dress brown SDs.
I am a captoe fan from way back, but have to admit that there is a satisfying simplicity to the basic dress brown SD in a plain toe. But don't revoke my membership card to the captoe club!
I vote dress brown with brass eyelets, and maybe the 269 sole. Toe cap optional.