or Connect

Posts by linafelt

Nobody is more of a Viberg fan than me, and I think the quality overall of the builds and leathers are really amazing.  But I do think that the several examples of serious chipping and of studs breaking off after one or two wears (!) indicates a problem with at least that batch of Itshides.  Or even if the soles themselves are not defective, one can and ought to expect a replacement if they break that quickly and easily.   It doesn't matter if some of the Itshides have...
Anyone have pics of black Indy boots with some real wear? Would love to see how they age. Thanks.
I'd want the lining on CXL to prevent stretching and give it a bit more structure...
Okay, I find myself still in the market for a good pair of slightly-more-than-basic black boots, after a recent order from White's came out mistaken.  I may just reorder from White's, but figured I'd float it here to see if anyone else would be on board for a group order of black service boots, more or less as follows:   -- Black, either oil tan, or perhaps CXL (if the latter definitely lined), assuming HH or some better leather is not available. -- Eight silver silver...
Pic of the Horsehide semi-dress, lowered heel, silver eyes, pull tab, plain captoe, C461 last:    
 Yeah, I may have to explore Nick's...!
 I'll check with Kyle at Baker's tomorrow, but I am pretty sure it's the right order done wrong.  It's still black HH semi-dress on the C461 Last with brown edges, but size and sole off base. Otherwise, they are impressive boots, and I'll try to do pics before I return them.  The HH is not quite as rich in tone as Viberg I think, but I do like it; and the boots feel quite substantial in a very good way...
 Just took them out of the box, and the White's sloppiness strikes again!  I ordered 9.5EE with mini-lug half sole; what I got was 10EE with 705 composition half sole...  Oof. Really bummed.  That sole option would probably be my last choice (don't like the skinny midsection it gives to the boot), but in any case, they are just too long.  Oh well, another 7 week wait for replacements I guess...
 Not sure if these count as #8, and are not CXL, but there is an unusual burgundy Indy boot available through the UK shop The End, though with the Pound conversion it gets even pricier: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/alden/alden-indy-boot-147161.html