or Connect

Posts by linafelt

No doubt, the one on their site is great too.  I considered it as well -- if it had a rubber sole I may have bitten...
 Ah yes, the toecap fooled me.. They should  have kept it for the official version of the boot.
 Are these the Chicago tan latigo boots from Superdenim?  Very nice.  Kicking myself for missing out on those...
 Afraid I am not the guy to ask for fashion advice. I don't think I even own a pair of dress pants. I wear chinos or workpants every day, and I would gladly wear these shoes everyday as well!  Yes, yes, yes.
 I totally agree.  The newer derby shoes are nice, but I really like the older work oxfords and wish they would make more available, especially with more standard soles.  Like this one (110 last, structured toe, vibram half sole, contrasting eyelets -- perfect). 
I know this is probably available back in the tread, but can anyone tell me off the top of their head:  Is Baker's White's Oxford (not the retro Oxford but the one with the Vibram sole and heel counter) the same as White's own Hathorn Oxford?  And does White's offer their own work oxford separately (again besides the retro), or is it only through Bakers?   Thanks.
 I wouldn't say that CXL "hides the wear" by any means -- it shows it quite a lot actually.  I guess maybe what that meant was that you can rub out a lot of the scuffs and dings that it picks up so easily, but it definitely wears more quickly than the oil tan or dress leather, and it will pick up gouges easily that cannot be rubbed out no matter what you do.  I've got two pairs of boots in CXL and I love them, but I would never call it a hardwearing leather. Horsehide I am...
 From ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221381890572?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=520256187191&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT The seller is in China, and it took about 4 weeks to arrive, but no problems otherwise and they work well.  It may be you could find similar ones on ebay from a seller stateside.
In the quest for the right laces for my 403s, I just recently got these waxed round laces, which I think work pretty well:  
And just found this pic of brown dress with natural sole edge: