or Connect

Posts by linafelt

^ yes the higher heel makes me feel like I am on stilts a bit as well, and I am not a fan of the looks of the curved heel. Lowered block has been perfect for me. To each his own. Best to try on if possible..
The 310 is my favorite last on looks alone, but with looks and fit combined it's the 2045.  Here are two classics -- one black "horsebutt" (which I think is thicker than the horsehide they've been using lately), and the black scotch grain.  It'd be cool to get a good 2045 workboot on the program, depending on what leathers are available.  Contrasting stitching would be nice too..    
Give it up for the incomparable 310 last:         And courtesy of Meso (his copper task boots):    
The time has come:  
Yes.
I don't think it's a bobcat -- different heel counters, heel height, etc.
Wow, yeah that's a drag for sure. Mine have not had anything like that. It's really a shame - with the problems with the halfsole and now with the 269, options are getting pretty limited.
 I only saw spurs61's post after I posted my own experience of the 269s -- looks like he's had less of a good experience. So far mine have not hardly worn at all (after a year) and none of the treads have developed gaps as he describes with his, so it may be a case of Your Mileage May Vary...
The 269 soles are actually pretty hard wearing, more so than I expected. Pretty sure they outlast the heels on mine..