or Connect

Posts by linafelt

Thanks b-ewing for getting this thread started.  Here are a handful of pics, which no doubt most of you have scene elsewhere, but they are new to this board.   A few comparison pics between Viberg horsehides on the 110 last and White's SDs dress brown.  The SDs were just a try on boot that I had briefly. The Vibergs I absolutely loved and wore for a couple of weeks before reluctantly conceding that they were too big on me, and I ended up selling them. Both are clearly...
I agree that those prices are pretty steep, but as Andy B. says you are getting almost a complete rebuilt, with what looks like the highest quality of materials.  That's gotta be a lot of hands-on labor, and with the cost of material I figure he's not making more than 15 or 20 bucks an hour.  Definitely not a rip off.    If I had a pair of really high quality boots that I loved and planned to wear for another 10 or 15 years it'd be worth it to me.  But for my OSB...
Thanks! Some truly great work there. Can you give me a rough idea of what he charges for resolving, and how long yours took?
Is that a Fender Jazz in the background..? It'll look good with the boots.
Say it isn't so! What's the White's thread without b-ewing..?
 Right, thanks very much.  I have to think that it also has something to do with how badly the conversation deteriorated there.  It got to be painful to wade through.  But now I find myself looking to re-sole my Trench boots, and was looking for feedback but it's a no-go.
 You know, I think that's part of the effect of the built in "pronation" or inward lean that I have noticed on not a few Vibergs.  I had it on a pair, and was not happy about it.  It's especially bad for those of us who need more arch support in the first place...
 Off topic, but maybe you can answer:  is the Oak Street Boots affiliate board kaput? I used to check it, and then it said I didn't have permission, and now I don't see it when I search...
 Another real difference is the fully attached bellows tongue on the Bounty Hunter, as opposed to semi-attached on the SD -- actually feels quite different. And of course 6" vs 5".  Not sure what else, but there is no doubt that the BH feels a fair bit heavier and more substantial than the SD, though still pretty comfy. The BH (which is as others have said the Farmer-Rancher on the SD last) is fully customizable I believe.  As others have said, I would contact Kyle at...
 I had Baker's sand mine down before sending, and am very glad they did.  Others have taken them to a local cobbler and have had them done successfully, reportedly for $15 or so, though it's hard to believe ANYthing is $15 these days! As far as edge.  I do know that I ordered natural edge on mine, and when they came in they were dyed brown.  I thought it was another error by Whites, but Kyle said he had dyed them after the sanding; though it wasn't clear to me that he had...