or Connect

Posts by linafelt

I don't know the ounces, but the dress leather is definitely thinner than the oil tan.  At the same, by all accounts it's pretty hardwearing, and will hold up better than CXL no doubt.
Yes, it is a lowered heel, sorry if I wasn't clear.The leather is CXL, but they really polished it up, apparently with regular polish cause it's a little sticky, unlike the cream polish I have used once or twice in the past.They will still definitely do the half sole, just not that particular Vibram one that came pre-attached. I can't remember the number for it.
FYI, with regard to "nailed down" construction:  I just got my White's boots resoled with a half sole, and I assume this is what you'll get with nailed down. Notice the nails visible in the middle of the sole, between half sole and heel.  
Okay men, here's a picture-heavy post on my newly resoled Bounty Hunters. They were just over two years old, and the sole could have gone for a while longer, but I needed to get them reheeled so I figured I'd go ahead and do both at once.  Plus I was sort of wanting to try out the Vibram mini lug half sole as a replacement for my 269 ("western") anyway, so went for it.  Contacted Baker's, via Kyle, who quoted a 6 week turnaround.  Ended up taking 10 weeks, which is not...
A heel slip is sometimes added to wedge sole boots to compensate for the lower profile of the wedge heel. I assume that's what you all are talking about. But I think you only need it with higher heeled lasts like White's. Interestingly, Viberg has done some 310s with wedge soles, without a heel slip -- so again, not quite buying the function rationale for dreamsmashing the lowered heel on the Millwright. Just sayin'..
 Absolutely! I was being facetious with the "universally acknowledged" part.  You are right of course, the 310 and the 2045 are my personal favorites, and others have theirs. (Of course, mine are right...)
 Yeah, there is no reason it should be, but pretty sure that's the answer we got last round.  Honestly, Viberg often seems to answer these questions off the cuff with little rhyme or reason.  Or maybe it depends on who you ask at the time. I am a big fan of the rivet.  Tell you what, if you guys get a boot on the 2045, with natural wax flesh or crust, AND the elusive rivet, I might also be in.  "Might..."
 Yeah, that was a tragic story. I had ordered a beautiful pair of 2045 pebble grain black shell boots in size 10.  Since there was virtually no arch support, I tried them with my insoles but there were a bit too tight in the toes.  This was at the very end of the MTO days, and they said I could do one last MTO to replace the shell boots.  The 110 had just come out, and in the beginning it had a very cool upturned toe, which has mostly since disappeared.  Morgan (I think)...
^^ Just so you guys know, Viberg dreamsmashed the rivet last time around on the Half-Japanese. It was considered "proprietary" to ... maybe Nigel Cabourn.. I forget.   Also, I have no dog in the fight over this boot. But it is a fact universally acknowledged that the 2045 is much better/cooler/more bootlike than the 110.
 Like the man said:  "Hope springs eternal (every once in a while..)."  Yeah, I am thinking of that. But first off it's sinking anohter $120 into the boots. More importantly, you in all likelihood ruin the very nice and tight heel stack that Viberg is so good at -- especially with the curved heel, where the flats are not all exactly the same width.  I had two different pairs with the standard heel -- one with Dainite, one with double leather sole and cat's paw heel. Both...