or Connect

Posts by linafelt

I think the quicker deliveries may have to do with fire-season orders all being done.  I think Kyle said White's gets all their fire season orders in Feb and March.   I too had heard that some Danner's were not made in the US, and that quality has been questioned.  No first hand knowledge though, and not sure how related it is to this  ABC Mart.  But man, pretty bummed about White's getting bought out... After all those years as an independent company...  And the push...
Man, that black calf is a great boot, though I am not a 2030 guy.
 Have you seen these over at Ironheart?  Not bad... http://www.ironheart.co.uk/hardware/wanda-01.html 
I think these were the first pair of Vibergs that I saw a picture of, and they stopped me in my tracks.     I grew up in Western Pennsylvania in a steel town in the late 60s and 70s, and every adult man I knew either worked in the steel mills or at the Valvoline plant or maybe the Westinghouse plant, and these boots immediately reminded me of what all the men wore to work everyday.  This was a couple of years ago, just before Viberg really started getting big in the...
Thanks b-ewing for getting this thread started.  Here are a handful of pics, which no doubt most of you have scene elsewhere, but they are new to this board.   A few comparison pics between Viberg horsehides on the 110 last and White's SDs dress brown.  The SDs were just a try on boot that I had briefly. The Vibergs I absolutely loved and wore for a couple of weeks before reluctantly conceding that they were too big on me, and I ended up selling them. Both are clearly...
I agree that those prices are pretty steep, but as Andy B. says you are getting almost a complete rebuilt, with what looks like the highest quality of materials.  That's gotta be a lot of hands-on labor, and with the cost of material I figure he's not making more than 15 or 20 bucks an hour.  Definitely not a rip off.    If I had a pair of really high quality boots that I loved and planned to wear for another 10 or 15 years it'd be worth it to me.  But for my OSB...
Thanks! Some truly great work there. Can you give me a rough idea of what he charges for resolving, and how long yours took?
Is that a Fender Jazz in the background..? It'll look good with the boots.
Say it isn't so! What's the White's thread without b-ewing..?
 Right, thanks very much.  I have to think that it also has something to do with how badly the conversation deteriorated there.  It got to be painful to wade through.  But now I find myself looking to re-sole my Trench boots, and was looking for feedback but it's a no-go.