or Connect

Posts by linafelt

Thanks men.  Yeah, they look nearly new.  I was hesitate about using polish, which I have rarely ever done on any other boots, knowing that it would erase a lot of the cool-looking wear, but finally decided that since I am hoping to wear these for 8-10 years I am not looking for quick "evo" but the long haul.  We'll see..
Hitting the one year mark on my Bounty Hunters (in black CXL), so decided to give them some Venetian Shoe cream, as well as a little black cream shoe polish.  Befores and afters (flash makes everything a bit shinier than real life):                
I can't imagine there is much difference. I have a rolled top, and no problems, though can't speak to the cut top.
They look cool though..
 Afraid I don't know enough to explain, but I do remember someone else explaining White's construction, that it was not strictly stitch down.  I can't say for sure.  But here some comparison pics of White's and Viberg, and you can see the difference:  White's has some extra layer (a proper welt?) between the uppers and the midsole, whereas Vibergs are "stiched" directly "down" on the midsole.  And of course the Vibergs are much cleaner construction.  (Though I love my...
I remember someone Who knows a lot more about boot construction than I do explaining how Whites is not a true stitch down, but involves a welt. Certainly my Whites look different in the stitching than Vibergs (in addition to just being a bit sloppier). The technical issues of welting are above my grade though I am afraid.
The 461 has the sprung toe -- a great look to my mind. Most people think it has less arch support than the SD last. The SD is classic whites, and looks pretty good. Either one in E or EE width should match the Swing last.
 Those look pretty good, though like most here I much prefer stitched down.  Interesting, one of the reasons sometimes cited for the addition of GYW is that it allows for a "sleeker" look -- but this does not look sleeker to my mind.  That's a pretty good shelf on that welt...
Any feedback on the difference in feel between the leather sole and heel and the new corded..?
It's interesting, those look pretty structured to me; I am surprised they are unstructured..