or Connect

Posts by linafelt

I wish I had these!  No, I keep this picture around to post anytime there is a whiff of a possibility of an MTO.  This is the first pair of Vibergs that caught my attention to the extent that I couldn't look away. It's from an old blog post of theirs.  They just seemed to embody classic 1940s workboot to me.  Still to me one of my favorite pairs of boots ever.  Viberg won't do that "1950s" five-eyelet anymore apparently, but one could still get close to this, with a 310...
Yes, though it's tricky because of the massive arch support already there. White's sells yellow superfeet to go with them -- these are actually made for hockey skates, so you have to trip the square front, but they work pretty well.  Even better I found are Timberland High Cushion...
Two years of wear. Edit: left boot darkened by motorcycle shifter BTW.
Just curious, E widths in stock!
Here's something interesting:  A pair of semi-dress listed on ebay, with a double-stitch cap toe. May not seem like a big deal, but White's has always refused to do that.  I really like it; helps to balance the overly long cap toe that White's tends toward.  I wonder how it came about on this...
Yes I think that's pretty standard. The old OSB thread was shut down, and I think no longer available. Mostly I try to keep my boots dry! Sometimes if they get too wet, I will take them off at work and let them dry out a bit.
 In my experience these leathers are not as waterproof as we might like them to be.  Certainly water seeps through my CXL boots pretty easily.  I remember some feathers getting ruffled on the old OSB board when I posted that my boots had soaked through a bit after about 20 minutes in light rain, cause claims had been made about how "waterproof" the leather was.  But it's just not.  (And it's not just OSB -- I have Alden and White's in CXL, and it seems about the same.  In...
I think the flat waxed look great.
Honestly, I just think the water seeped through.