or Connect

Posts by kentyman

That appears to be quite deliberate.
 Correct. 721LTD is another example of an AE-made Wolverine.
 Last I saw either of those two models was through Lands End and Brooks Brothers, respectively, but they're both sold out. Note that the Stewart is a complete different makeup than those pictured.
 You very well may be right! Here's everything I know about pitting from a thread about the toes of my Patriots. Interestingly, @New Shoes1 had the same problem with his. However, if it was a lasting problem, I would expect that problem to be more common where the shell is stretched around the last. I also have a pitted area on the heel of my Daltons. Maybe I should take a picture to share. 
 Sounds like "pitting", which I thought was something that some shell just has.
Thanks for the post. I have one pair that I like, though I wouldn't say I like them as much as any of my AEs. The leather, while buttery soft, is also quite thin. My pair is Blake, not Blake/Rapid.   I figured the reason they were so light was a combination of thinner leather, and the thinner Blake-stitched sole vs. a thicker 360-degree Goodyear-stitched sole that also generally protrudes wider around the shoe.
Nordstrom has the McClean on sale again. $237.85 for cap toe 1000 Miles, and I happen to like the open-lacing pattern much more than the $380 Rockfords.
Never been worn, new in box, factor firsts, and ships with original shoe/boot bags, these are in absolute mint condition. I'm only selling because I bought two sizes but kept the other size instead. Retails for $425+tax. Add $10 for shipping.   DALTON - WINGTIP LACE-UP OXFORD MEN'S DRESS BOOTS BY ALLEN EDMONDS Leather sole men's dress boots Wingtip blucher with brogue perforations and medallion Premium calfskin leather upper with orange leather lining Butyl double...
Having been worn only once ever, these are in near-mint condition. I'm only selling because I need to buy one size wider. A new pair would cost $385+tax. Ships in original box. Add $10 for shipping.   These are factory firsts, and absolutely flawless. In fact, I rejected the first 2 pairs that were made for me for various minor blemishes, but kept this third pair. Please see for yourself in the pictures.   MCALLISTER - WINGTIP LACE-UP OXFORD MEN'S DRESS SHOES BY ALLEN...
Having been worn only thrice, these are in excellent condition. I'm only selling because I need to buy one size wider. Selling for less than half what a new pair would cost. Ships in original box and with additional pair of laces. Add $10 for shipping.   These are factory seconds, but I cannot tell why. Please see for yourself in the pictures.   NEUMOK - UNLINED WINGTIP LACE-UP OXFORD MEN'S CASUAL SHOES BY ALLEN EDMONDS Leather sole men's lace-up oxford casual...