or Connect

Posts by kentyman

Since Nordstrom has free returns, I would just try to exchange them. You could even consider buying a second pair and only returning the worst left and right combination, assuming you can afford to temporarily spend twice as much. This would also likely get you a working pair sooner rather than later, and possibly prevent your size from selling out before you can exchange.   That said, I'd love to hear others' comments on Wolverine quality, as I have McCleans on the way...
 I, too, bought the Fifth Avenue over the Park Avenue. However, I wanted to warn you that they both have approximately (exactly?) the same cap length and therefore stubbiness (switch between these two pictures for a comparison). I do agree the quarter brogue perfing on the Fifth Avenue makes it much less plain looking, though many would point out that it's arguably not formal enough for certain occasions.
 I'd love to know more about the McClean. Are they basically just regular 1000 Miles but with a cap toe? @Deep Gully, is that what you meant by "double toe"? Do they come in any colors other than what looks like Brown Chromexcel? Is that a single butyl sole? $229.90 seems like the cheapest way to get one's first 1000 Miles. Any other less-than-$350 options out there to consider?
That's the "instep".
https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/casualbootschukkas/PRDOVR~05704/05704.jsp   I have them in Navy, but am interested in a pair in Tan. Gently used is okay.
https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/casualbootschukkas/PRDOVR~05704/05704.jsp   I have them in Navy, but am interested in a pair in Tan. Gently used is okay.
 Had anyone else claimed to not criticize while in the middle of a criticism, I would've called them out on it, too. You happen to be the only one doing that. I'm not an English professor, but that matters not.
 Yes; you just did.  There it is, again.
 This is confusingly contradictory.
 Not quite the case. While I agree they're approximately equally formal, a wingtip is "technically" less formal before it's a full brogue instead of just a half. As for closed lacing with jeans/chinos, that's really up to you. It's "technically" not advised, but I personally don't follow that rule.