or Connect

Posts by kaxixi

Repeating myself, but Spacca Napoli > Pizza DOC >>>> Anything else I've had in Chicago.
Shirt: JCrew Belt: Facconable Trousers: Iris Tailors, Singapore Shoes: PRL
I often eat it on its own with some balsamic, vinegar, and plenty of black pepper. Sometimes I add some chopped radish. Once, I had leftover lamb that I dropped in and it made for a fun salad. Enjoy!
A friend of mine helped found a local farmer's market (Columbia Heights--it's tiny, but the vendors are excellent: the quality is high, prices are reasonable, and, for those who care, they are legitimately local). My impression from her is that markets vary wildly in their standards for selecting vendors, and my own impression is that it is not trivial to figure out what the boards' standards are.
The recommendation to live in PA for six months, then move to SF is prob a good one. I'd prob live in Mountain View, though, rather than PA. While I'm at it, Mountain View has good ethnic restaurants, albeit with white prices. Try the Taiwanese place (Queen's?), the Persian grocery (good takeout kebabs), and Pho Hoa. In PA itself, my favorite restaurant is the brown rice sushi spot off of California (Homma's?) and, for nostalgic reasons, the little Asian cafe in the...
I really like the cemeteries. Also, http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=128338
Fast Italian-American. Will neither offend nor impress, but may occasionally fit the bill.
Have tried, would recommend in DC, especially for casual dating. Am generally impressed by the site.
Agree with most of the opinions expressed so far. Dried is better but canned works fine. Bullet-style hand blender works well--I bought mine off Amazon based on reviews. Tahini is better than none.
I have never understood why people insist on buying expensive grinders. I don't understand the chemistry/physics behind the importance of a more consistent grind (though I do understand that it yields clearer coffee, since you don't get as much dust filtering in).