or Connect

Posts by kaxixi

Quote: Originally Posted by random-adam Regardless of where you buy, taxes will be assessed based on where you live. I lived in SC back in '04 and bought a new car in Gaithersburg, MD; I was charged appropriate to my state and county of residency down south. My experiences with Fitzgerald Auto Mall were fantastic -- got a new car (albeit a rarer, poorly-selling stickshift model) for an internet-published price about 30% below MSRP. They are not,...
I need to buy a car. I have already decided on the model (Honda--not SF approved, but not up for discussion, either). I am wondering if I should buy in DC, MD, or VA? Where are the taxes lowest? Any recommended dealers? Thanks.
Marcel's in DC. I biked there, got into an accident, and ruined a brand new pair of gloves. Everyone said "better the glove than your hand" but I'm not sure I feel that way. You guys would understand.
Because I hadn't decide what I wanted to make in advance.
I got the idea for this dish from a nearby restaurant (Domku on Upshur--they specialize in Eastern European and Scandinavian fare) and was excited by the prospect of a cheaper, healthier confit. It came out very good. 1 package chicken thighs 3 cloves garlic olive oil - approximately 1.5 cups black and red pepper to taste 1. Brine the chicken for approximately eight hours (I skipped this step). 2. Drain chicken, place in slow cooker, and cover almost completely...
Quote: Originally Posted by alliswell Your wife is right about the fat - grass-fed has nothing to do with it. Oh?
My favorite over-the-ear headphones for travel are Sennheiser PX100s because: -- they are relatively inexpensive (though they are now twice as expensive as when I bought them) -- they collapse into the included carrier, which is quite durable -- they are easy to power, so sound good driven directly out of the iPod The PX100 is an open headphone, so it won't block outside noise at all. The PX200 is sealed, so it will block out some noise, but it doesn't sound as...
Ostia Antica:
I enjoyed my day trip to Ostia Antica very much. I also enjoyed walking along Appia Antica. Both are well known sites so I don't know if they qualify as "off the beaten path". However, they were empty even at the height of tourist season. My favorite meal was a white pizza with zucchini I had in Trastevere (in a restaurant recommended by Rick Steve's--but it's the dish that I think is worth recommending).
I second the recommendation for the $35 late-night dessert menu. The service is extraordinary. I once went with two friends, and even though we showed up late and were the last people dining, they gave us a ton of comps, and insisted on taking us on a tour of the kitchen.