or Connect

Posts by diadem

There's a difference between regular "wear and tear on your body" and "potentially risking more significant injury by playing on an existing injury and putting the longevity of your playing career in jeopardy". Not recognizing that is truly what's myopic, especially since we're talking about a guy who is coming off of 2 major injuries and has missed the majority of the past 2 seasons because of them.Bottom line is I believe a player should be allowed to lose a battle if it...
Ok, that's nice and all, but it comes down to the player. If a player wants to step onto the court while nursing a significant injury, that's his choice. No doubt he'll be respected for it. The problem I have with this situation is that fans are basically expecting this to happen 10 times out of 10 now. Nobody knows a player's body better than himself, and if he thinks he's not good to go, then that should be respected. It's also in the best long-term interests of the team...
...and none of those sports are like basketball. Basketball isn't a sport where players are preparing themselves to be potentially crippled long-term. It's not a sport that reduces your life expectancy. If you want to hold NBA players to the same standard as NFL players, then be my guest, but look at the whole situation with the NFL and concussions and tell me guys like Junior Seau just "come with the territory". That's bullshit.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Pro sports leagues are not (and should not be) meat grinders that chew up athlete's bodies and spit them back out just for the enjoyment of fans. I don't care how much money the players are making. Expecting players to give their bodies for the entertainment of fans makes this little better than the bloodsport of gladiator fighting in the Roman coliseum. These players are human, too. The amount of money they make doesn't change...
I can empathize with Derrick. This is a game, after all, and all it really is is a form of entertainment. Someone's physical well-being shouldn't be sacrificed just so a team can have a higher number under the W column. I mean, look at Brandon Roy.
Anybody intrigued by an S last oxford GMTO? I'm aware that Vass doesn't charge much more for a single MTO, so I guess this is really more for the Americans who are limited in options when it comes to buying Vass. Just gauging interest at this point. We can work out leather, sole, design, etc. later, but just want to see if anybody would like a shoe on this last as I don't really see it out in the wild yet. Also...
Quote: Yeah, the trade IIRC was some combination of Ray McCallum, Jason Thompson, and Derrick Williams for Josh Smith.  Honestly, if Detroit keeps playing like this, they might start shopping him around again...No worries, but damn, bro, my post was literally 2 sentences long and the 2nd sentence basically laid it out for you.  Haha you couldn't read to the very end before you started jumping on me?
A part of me wishes that the trade that would have shipped J-Smoove out to the Kings actually happened. A frontcourt of Gay, Josh Smith, and Boogie Cousins would have been pretty entertaining to watch even though it probably would have been disastrous.
At MSG for the Knicks-Hawks game tonight. Saw Kyle Korver throw down a reverse dunk during pre-game warmups. Is this real life?