or Connect

Posts by diadem

Bosh is probably done with international play.  He played well in the 2008 Olympics, but didn't make the 2012 squad (not even sure if he made himself available for the games).  Ryan Anderson played on the Select Team, but he's too injury-prone and needed the offseason to recoup.  LaMarcus Aldridge pulled out earlier this summer to rest up.  Ultimately, I think Rudy Gay fills the spread 4 role nicely for this team.   Here's Steph Curry's no-look BTB pass.  Was sick to see...
It is a weird mix of bigs for sure, but I think there's some versatility at Coach K's disposal here. Hustle guys like Faried and Plumlee let them play a fast run n' gun game that'll get them through pool play without banging bodies too much. Boogie Cousins gives them size to match up with the bigger, slower teams like Spain, at least on offense. I agree that DeAndre Jordan would have been a good fit, but not sure if his offensive game is polished enough. He led the league...
Was at MSG tonight for the USA-Puerto Rico game. Curry had a nasty behind-the-back bounce pass to a cutting Harden for the fast-break dunk. He led all US players in scoring, too.
Wait, are there seriously no defensive 3-second violations in FIBA? That's stupid as all fuck...
Damn, you set the bar pretty high for your first post. Hope you can deliver on your subsequent posts .
S last sounds ridiculously awesome. Do want.
Yeah, that's the popular line of thought right now, but I think the Brazil game was a good benchmark.  They have some quality bigs in Nene, Tiago Splitter, and Anderson Varejao who obviously aren't as good as Spain's bigs, but they're seasoned NBA vets nonetheless.  Still, Team USA had a +10 advantage on Brazil in the rebounds category, 44 to 34. http://archive.usab.com/mens/national/14_mnt_exh_01_box.html?ls=iref:nbahpt13a
 I don't think D-Rose has to carry this team.  Kyrie is just as quick and shifty (maybe not as explosive) and can create offense as well.  I also don't think Davis needs to go huge every game as long as Cousins gives you a productive 15 to 20 minutes a game.  I do agree that KD was the centerpiece of the last Team USA, but his contributions are not irreplaceable.  This team still has an MVP in D-Rose.  Instead of getting most of your offense from the forwards with KD,...
Well, there are different ways to control the paint.  You don't necessarily need size to bang bodies down low.  You can control the paint with dribble penetration and slashing.  For the 2010 FIBA tournament and the 2012 Olympics in London, the only legit center that Team USA had on the roster was Tyson Chandler. Here's every made field goal from Team USA in the gold medal final against Spain in London: Not a whole lot of post play.  Just a lot of outside shooting and...
Depends. USA has the best shooters playing in the tournament hands down. Just a bunch of zone busters. If Steph Curry, Damian Lillard, James Harden, Klay Thompson, and Kyle Korver start splashing 3's, it won't matter that we have no depth in the frontcourt (not even sure that's true with Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, and Boogie Cousins on the team). Also, Spain is in the Group of Death with Argentina and France. USA has by far the easiest schedule in the tournament.