or Connect

Posts by diadem

Agreed. The US team that played in the 2015 Pan-American Games was made up of a bunch of college players and they lost to Canada (both the men and the women). At the senior level, the USA reigns supreme, but below that, there's much more parity. Honestly, even at the senior level, a lot of teams have come close to beating Team USA. They've played close games against Australia, Serbia, and France in group play as well as Spain in the semi-finals.
Kevin Durant is bombing 3's from the parking lot in this gold medal game.
Is it just me, or is there some weird rippling on that grey Steed DB under his left arm? But regardless of that little tidbit, I still prefer the navy Caraceni.
They're also adding ads to jerseys starting in the 2017-2018 season. GSW is asking for $20 million per year for a spot on their uniforms. I personally don't have a problem with it, but I can see how some hardcore purists might. I don't mind as long as it's either high-profile companies that people can easily recognize or smaller local companies that are based in the region the team plays in. I just don't want to see a logo of some dipshit Bangladeshi toilet paper...
I guess it's made by holding the shoe up to the GY machine...by hand.
Brooklyn is just trolling other teams by forcing Miami and Portland to match their offer sheets on Tyler Johnson and Allan Crabbe, respectively. Nicely done.
 They have to be under the cap to sign KD. They can breach the cap to sign any players they own Larry Bird Rights for as well as a bunch of exceptions (mid-level, bi-annual, rookie, etc). There's no hard cap, so you can go over the salary cap by any amount. You just pay an incrementally higher luxury tax the further up you go. The 2013 Nets had the highest payroll in the league that year (actually might be the highest payroll ever) -- I think the cap was around $68 million...
Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but GSW still hasn't cleared enough cap space to sign KD? They have to unload some players first. What's to stop every other team in the league from refusing to deal with them? Then Golden State would be forced to waive some of their players to get it done? They have next to no leverage in these salary dump trades. The GM's of the other 29 teams should be looking to fleece the Warriors.
Goddamnit, Lil B lifted the curse on KD...   https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/750006844953759745
I can only hope that this team will end up like the 2012 Lakers, but I think Steve Kerr is too good a coach to let that happen...