or Connect

Posts by diadem

Leonard is gonna be a restricted free agent, so if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the Spurs have 3 days to match that offer. There's no franchise tag like there is in the NFL.
Too bad Rasheed Wallace is retired...I would've put money on him getting a tech every other night.
Yeah, the NBA isn't like the NFL where you can restructure deals. Once the contract is agreed to between management and the player, it's set in stone. That's why the amnesty is so important for teams. And also why Gilbert Arenas is laughing all the way to the bank as he continues to get paid through 2016 even though he hasn't played since 2013.
Bill Simmons in his trade value article said Nikola Pekovic, but he's obviously not a big name and he's already pushing 30. He's serviceable, though.
Yeah, agreed, which is why I said "if" because I'm rather skeptical myself. I still think he's going to Washington, though, whether he actually hates Westbrook or not.
 Sorry, there are a lot of pages between now and when this was posted...Were badsha's questions ever answered? I really like this shoe.
If Durant is frustrated with Westbrook and Reggie Jackson, I would imagine he'd be positively appalled with Melo jacking long contested 2-pointers all day...My money is on his hometown Wizards.
I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but don't forget the '04 Pistons.  The best player on that team was...Chauncey Billups?And the Mavs won that year because Dirk played out of his mind, but also because that team had all the right pieces for Carlisle's pace-and-space offense.  They were loaded with guys who could spread the floor (Caron Butler, JJ Barea, Jason Terry, Dirk, Peja Stojakovic, Jason Kidd, and that punk DeShawn Stephenson) and also had a...
Guys who take money below the market rate are guys who are desperate for rings like indesertum said, guys taking the "homer discount" (Dirk Nowitzki signing that 3 year/$25 mil deal was just a travesty...he deserved much much more), and guys who are willing to take less so that they can accommodate other high-profile players (LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all took less than max money to play together).  All of these scenarios require a well-established owner/GM with cachet,...
  EDIT: not sure why this link isn't working, but you guys should check this out. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2344193-paul-georges-road-back-reliving-the-nightmare-ep-1