or Connect

Posts by JWalters

1 day left on my closet cleaning sales:   Massimo Bizzocchi (founder of Kiton) Jacket, sz 38R with functional cuffs       Hugo Boss Black Label Einstein Wool/Cashmere Sport Coat, Made in USA, 38R     RL Green Label Houndstooth Wool/Silk Sport Coat, 40R     Paul Smith Cashmere/Wool Black Men's Overcoat, size Medium - Made in England     Church's Custom Grade Pebble-Grain Wingtip Shoes, Sz 10D, HANDMADE IN...
Thanks.  I'll be in SF later in November and will be watching this thread for recommendations.  Good question, OP, and leave some for me.
To keep OT, PM inbound. EDIT:  Well, it's not a secret and in a sense, is OT:  I accepted the new job because it is a chance to serve my country overseas in my area of study and interest. I have been seeking such an opportunity for several years.  In the meantime, I have been successful at a decent company whose mission, products, services, culture, and clients do not inspire or engage me, and occasionally do the opposite.  Being there while my passion lies elsewhere...
  I have found this across diverse interests and enthusiast fora as well, including Bladeforums, Watchuseek, Candlepowerforums, Headfi, and even m4carbine.  Collectively, I refer to these as "guy gadget interests".  The scene here seems to me to be rather similar to other enthusiast fora, as aptly described by mcbrown back in post #15.  Well, and kev777.       Like so many, I found SF when I recently accepted a job that requires CBD.  T-shirts and jean shorts prevail at...
SF noob   EDIT: After a few weeks of ODing on SF and newly-obesessive eBaying and thrifting, I'm upgrading my description to:   gay timetraveller
Currently attempting transition from:   Tactical Trainwreck   to   Expat Steez
  Thanks for the pointer.  Of the three that they have now (Allegro, Galant, or the longer Double-Breasted), what would my best choice be?
Thank you all for the discussion and advice.  I deeply appreciate it. Central Oregon, and thank you.  Before I'm off to training in DC (and beyond) in early 2013, I will probably spend several weeks visiting family in the San Francisco and New York areas.   Thank you.  I appreciate the specifics, and your thoughtful "off duty" list as well.  I just won a pair of BR flat front chinos on eBay for $10 shipped.   As to the timepiece, I've dabbled in the "guy gadget" hobbies...
Hi, I'm John.  After years of IT and ski industry, I finally got a .gov job in my area of interest and need to get up to speed on menswear and general gentleman culture fast.  This forum has been a goldmine of knowledge so far and I look forward to more!
After several years of ski bumming and assorted expeditions, I have recently landed a dream job with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Service.  The next orientation in DC will probably begin in about 4 months.  After 6 weeks, I'm off to wherever they sent us.   This role requires professional business attire.  Today, my IT job requires no more than the casual end of business casual.  As a younger man, I worked as a paralegal in a conservative old Boston firm, but...