or Connect

Posts by Semi Fly

I bought this shirt online but it's too large for me.  Tired on with an undershirt but never worn or washed.   16.5-34/35   Price is OBO and shipped ConUS   Thanks for looking!
I bought these a while back but prefer black sunglasses.  These have a gray tortoise shell pattern.  These are brand new and will come as pictured.  Price is OBO and shipping is included.   Thanks for looking!
I'm updating this thread instead of this one because that main thread just has a lot of arguing and semantics.  If a mod feels that this should be posted or cross-posted there, feel free to do so.     Here are the results of my HK adventures, based on great inputs from this board and specifically this page.  Both the suit and shirts were my first non-OTR experiences.   Jantzen  Grade: A+ Purchased: 3 Shirts Price: 360-480 HKD depending on the fabric   Very happy...
Do you know if these fit TTS?  I'm a 10.5 but these look great. GLWS
 Can you please that they are 3" wide and not 3.5".  I previously looked into the Chipp2 ties but I wanted something slimmer than 3.5" http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?118151-Chipp2-Grenadine-ties
Posted these questions on the shoe care thread but the thread's all over the place.  Any input would be appreciated!   1. Can somebody who is experienced with Saphir products recommend the correct color for these shoes (Loake 1880 Dorchesters)?  I'm thinking light brown but tan and cognac also sound plausible.   2. Is cream a better option than wax? I'm not sure I'd want a mirror polish on these and I think they look really nice as is, but a lot of the...
Hey guys, I recently took a gamble on some used Loakes online and lucked out on their fit and condition Since they are in great shape overall, I am only planning to Reno + cream polish them (this is my first pair of big boy shoes). I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me answer: 1. What color should I get? I'm thinking light brown but tan and cognac also sound plausible. 2. Is cream a better option than wax? I *think* I've gotten the gist of the difference...
    +1. I tried this look at a wedding and found out the hard way.
  I'd first like to say that I'm also just offering my personal and non-professional opinion.  I was a commercial loan underwriter for about 4 years and am attending business school in the fall, so this topic is interesting to me, but I have no direct industry experience here.  I don't want my quote-reply to be misconstrued as trolling/arguing    1. The folks who buy $300 suits are usually different than those who buy $500 suits, at least if the threads that pop up around...
I strongly agree with this statement.  I own one of your suits and I did extensive research before making my decision.  Even after reading up on fused vs. canvassing and comparing a few brands in person, it took a leap of faith for me to take a chance with your line sight unseen.  Targeting casual buyers marginalizes the value that your product offers (price/value/quality) to those who are less informed, doesn't wear a suit often, doesn't want to take a risk or wait on...