or Connect

Posts by VCircuit

It looks 10x better in real life than in photographs. IRL it has a unified texture and drab colorspace. Photography loses the texture and increases the contrast, which makes it look much more "popped" than it really is. It's still crazy IRL but it's much easier to imagine wearing, I did not want it at all before seeing it in person. This piece is also really great in person:
I tried on the olive at Drinkwater's and IMO that color is totally fantastic.
I think in principle there's nothing wrong with it but it's out of proportion with your leg height. Tucking the shirt will just exaggerate that, which might be a look, but if you want to balance it you might actually try a longer shirt.
I have athletic thighs and own Workadays in both S and M - they are extremely roomy in the thigh and extremely forgiving because of the cinches (open S, closed M). However, they are not tapered in the slightest, they are completely open at the leg. The mainline fatigues are considerably slimmer -- I need a size 34 and even that feels, IMO, considerably less comfortable than even my small Workadays. Conventional wisdom seems to be that the mainline are more "modern" but IMO...
I have that. PM sent.
Has anyone seen the black denim BDU outside of Japan?
Cropped stuff can look good on shorter guys due to upper/lower torso balance.   Chest-darted stuff can look good on guys with a triangular/athletic upper torso (true of suppressed jackets in general IMO). But sleeve size tends to be a problem.   Fit and proportion in general is hard to talk about without considering the shape of the body, this is obviously true of blazers and similarly true of "women's clothing" which tends to have more 3d construction. And what is...
That hasn't been my experience at all. I take an M or an L basically at random and I definitely would have screwed up my sizing this SS/FW if I didn't try it on first. If the difference is only fabric well, the Bedford has been made up in just about every fabric from chambray to tweed, that's a wide variation.
I am a 38-40 and take an M Bedford, and I am pretty short and boxy (5'7). Bedford is a boxy, relaxed cut; at 5'11 I would predict an S to look unusually short.