or Connect

Posts by Nobody Important

A couple of pairs of mens shoes in 9.5 Wide sizes. These don't work for me and will head to Goodwill if not claimed in the next couple of days. Each pair $25 shipped CONUS, firm. More pics available upon request, but at my price these are no-brainers if you're a 9.5E or EEE. First up, Allen Edmonds Bristol in black, 5 eyelet blucher plain toe, size 9.5EEE. Leather soles in very good shape. Also, a pair of Bally Cabriel black plaintoe bluchers in 9.5E, rubber soles...
Closing the top vents or closing them part of the way will also slow down the fire. If you're going to get serious about it, you'd do well to get yourself a cheap K-type wire thermocouple and an LCD reader. You can leave the wire in the grill near the food, snake it outside the grill cover and keep a close eye on your cooking temp. You're aiming for 225. Re moisture: After the food gets to about 150, it won't take any more smoke. At that point, foil works to keep...
1. Agree with the above advice re removing the membrane, temp, leaving a water pan with the ribs. 2. Brine 'em. Soak them for several hours or overnight in a salt water solution, maybe put some molasses in the brine. Then leave the salt out of whatever rub you're doing, the meat is plenty salty already. 3. No sauce on the grill. If you must, pass sauce at the table. 4. Don't cook ribs, they're too much work to eat and too messy. Do a shoulder (Boston butt...
Shirts claimed.
Done and done. Sending paypal presently, pending your confirmation that no one has yet responded privately.
Wry, witty comment.
Worn 'em twice so far, once in wet sloppy conditions. No delamination issues so far, but you might be right that they will delaminate after a bit. Only time will tell, I'll keep y'all posted if there's interest.
Kohls is running one of their periodic 30% off coupons if you pay with a Kohl's charge card, plus today you get $10 in Kohls Cash (store credit) for every $50 spent, plus free shipping on a $75 order. So for example, you could do something like this: 4 pairs rigid STF 501's in indigo, brown, tan, whatever: $34.99, $24.50 each after coupon Throw in a pair of socks to push it to $100 Total is $100 shipped, receive $20 in store credit with your order Price works out to $20...
Quick tip: If you crave the thick, unctuous texture of a creamy dressing but want to step up to the upscale flavor of a classic vinaigrette, make it in a tall glass or cup with a stick blender. Start with the mustard, vinegar and any herbs, shallots or whatever. Drizzle in the oil while zapping with the stick blender, makes a good dressing that takes a long time to separate. Covered, it'll keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Quote: Originally Posted by pebblegrain The only question I have is if you can line it up first and trim in advance, then glue it. I considered that. But that method would give me zero margin for error when applying the topy to the shoe; if the alignment was off even a little bit, game over. Since I hadn't worked with Barge cement before and didn't know how bond-y it is, I didn't know if it was going to be possible to pull off a slightly...