or Connect

Posts by mellowllama

I bought a pair from that guy, they're really nice in person. sadly I need 8EE so it looks like I'll be sending them back
thanks. that looks like a neutral color though, so I assume I would still see the scuff after applying it. it doesn't look like they offer a black version.
I got a scuff on some black lizard-skin shoes (so you can see a bit of the lighter color underneath the black). Could someone recommend a good polish/conditioner to fix this? My understanding is you can't generally use the same product as for non-exotic leather.
If you're like me, you visit quite a few menswear stores every week to see what's new in stock and on sale, and it's a pain to remember which stores you've visited recently, and what products you've seen already, so you miss stuff or it sells out.   To solve this problem, I made a site that shows all the new and sale stuff from specific menswear stores on a single page as soon as it becomes available. You see all and only the stuff that's new since the last time you...
Follow up to my earlier question: I bought some used flat head 3009's, unworn but hot soaked for 45 mins. I was wondering if this was enough or I should hot soak again to get out residual shrink. Someone on SuFu advised "Just soaking FH jeans doesn't fully shrink them, I'd say give them a full wash (with or without soap) in warm water.  Agitation is absolutely crucial to get all the shrink out at once.  Don't worry about losing indigo, FH denim is insanely dark and...
I just bought some used flat head 3009's. The original owner hot soaked them 45 mins but otherwise they're in new condition, tag size 33, measure 32. Should I bother hot soaking again to get all the shrink out, or is that just a waste of time?
I want to send an order as a gift, but there is no gift option. Do packages automatically come with a gift receipt, or should I email a request for this?   (I searched the thread for 'gift' but didn't see any relevant result.)
given a natural (no break) inseam of x inches, how much extra inseam should be added for stacking, and how much for a 2-inch cuff?   ie if I have a 30-inch inseam with no break, is 32 enough for stacking (no cuff), or should I use more? and then I assume add 2 inches more for a 2 inch cuff?   (I don't want anything too radical and I am not looking to impress anybody.)
I'm looking for a ~14oz pair of jeans (or at least something that won't get too hot in summer in New England) with a lowish rise (9.5" looks decent on the pair I wear normally), a slim but not skinny straight or slightly-tapered fit (I have rather beefy soccer-player legs), willing to pay $200-300 or more, but I am less concerned about the brand name, flashy detailing, or extreme fades than that they'll last a long time and continue to look decent (bike riding tends to...
thanks for the pictures. I look forward to seeing any fit pics you might be able to provide.   I'm particularly interested in how the denim and construction quality compares to more familiar brands, ie are these on the same level as Oni/Samurai/Flat Head. It's hard to make a buying decision because there's not much of this kind of info available on the forum (at least that I can find)