or Connect

Posts by TorontoJK

Well now I'm just going to feel compelled to visit the counter and reacquaint myself with Rocabar...just to see if I need it in my back pocket for future.  Personally, I enjoy wearing a scent for a long time, so that people associate it with me (not my natural scent, haha) and so it has got to be something that I feel really good in. It takes a lot for me to consider changing, and as you go through different stages of life, different scents seem appropriate.   I have...
Td'H has been my daily scent for the past couple of years. I used to wear Rocabar but when I smelled Td'H for the first time I was hooked. Have never received as many compliments and inquiries as to my cologne as with Td'H.Of course, it's always a matter of personal taste and body chemistry!
So, after doing the pinch test at home (and not feeling any floating layer) I called the BOSS store and spoke with a very informative and helpful SA. After listening to my story he replied that I'd been giving some false information and apologized for the dishonest SA. He told me that one of the Boss SA's had been let go because of this type of behaviour and after I declined to give the name, he guessed that it started with 'E' and I told him he was right. The Boss...
That's the one!
Thanks for the advice - the "shoes explained" thread from 2003 was very helpful in explaining shoe construction.  I will try on some AE's locally (they're carried in a few stores) and then see about ordering from Nordstroms.
+1^n
Hi SF - I'm just looking for a 101 on dress shoes. There's probably an existing thread somewhere on SF but my searches have not yielded anything satisfactory. If you do know of one, please link it here with my thanks.   I'm in the market for a couple of pairs of lace-ups and want to make sure that I'm looking at the right things with regards to shoe construction rather than plunking down money for a name rather than for a properly-made shoe.   I am in Toronto, so...
Hi SF - I'm a 37 year old, working in the financial district here in Toronto. I run a private equity fund that focuses on SME businesses located in and around Toronto. I'm married with one kid (and another coming in December).  I typically wear a suit 4 days a week, and on Fridays I usually wear a blazer with denim (black or grey) or in summer something lighter. I always thought of myself as better-dressed then most of my friends, but after only a couple of weeks on SF I...
Of course, no one can give a blanket answer, point well taken. For me personally, I wear suits 4 or 5 days a week and enjoy a modern cut without getting 'skinny'. Because of my height (5'9") I always stick to 2-button jackets and prefer single breasted. In the past, the Boss 'Jam' or 'James' jackets have fit me well with minimal tailoring required, so I've relied on them. But, I've read such negative comments in relation to HB suits that I've opened my scope up to see...
No - it was the black label, $995 (Canadian) in the Sharp/Jam style. I asked him why someone would buy through Boss when Harry Rosen (large Canadian men's retailer) was across the street with a huge Boss section and he told me that the biggest perk of purchasing from the Boss store was the floating canvas. I'm going to check when I get home and see if I was just drinking the koolaid or if it really is floating.