or Connect

Posts by CrimsonSox

Not a suit, but a sportscoat: Brioni navy wool single breasted, 3/2, Augusto model, side vented jacket.  It receives more compliments than the rest of my jackets put together.  
What suit do you wear that attracts the most compliments?  Photos would help us appreciate the tailoring.
Thanks for the helpful tip Jcep -- I'll have to be careful about the alterations tailor that I use.  Both suits look great, and I love the lean fit of the navy MTM. 
Where in Europe would a RLBL suit be available for 300 euros?  Thanks for the tip.
PRL suits are now closer in price to RLBL suits ($1595 vs. $1695).  Is this a sign that PRL suits are moving to full canvas, or that RLBL is moving to half canvas?
I would be happy with either the grey OTR or navy MTM, but the MTM is especially impressive from the front.  It's cut more closely to the torso above and below the waist for a custom fitted look.  The shoulders also look slightly trimmer.  I'm not a tailor, but I do own a grey Anthony model RLBL suit.  I wouldn't touch the buttoning point on the navy MTM (and this is coming from someone who has a strong aversion to higher buttoning points).  It's a classic low RLBL.  Any...
Corneliani suits are on sale for $799 today on Gilt: http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/corneliani-7145?globalnav_referrer=women   The suits are in staple navys and greys, all two button.
Paul Stuart is a great store.  Does anyone know how much the suits are discounted during their summer sale?  Does the discount increase over time?
Don't remember, but they did look very traditional.  I would have picked one up in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a blue label tuxedo from my wedding.
Went to the Ralph Lauren sale at Soiffer Haskin today.  I picked up a charcoal grey RL black label suit, originally $1995, marked down 80% to $399.  It was a 44R, but the fit on the Anthony model was trimmer than a 42R blue label.   There are still many beautiful peak label tuxedos by purple label available from $4000 - $5200 discounted 80%.  There were almost no suits left, except for three medium grey pinstriped black labels in 40S, and a navy purple label in 46R....