or Connect

Posts by catpower

I have nothing but positive feedback on my first order with you guys (two white business shirts) - great product, superb value and prompt service! Looking to get a second order and was hoping you could help me with:   - A plain blue cloth similar to the feel and texture of the Lustrous Fine White fabric for a blue business shirt - The name of the fabric in this image from your site: http://cdn.styleforum.net/5/59/5932d200_DSC_1182.jpeg -  looks like a medium weight...
Nice one. I had a similar query to yours about which MJ Bale store has the best range a few pages prior. I found (to my surprise) that the Westfield store had a bigger range than the Woollahra one and ended up picking up two as well. A charcoal/grey and a navy, which with a little tailoring, should be a cracking fit. Can't wait to pick them up in a few days and give 'em a test run.    On a side note, really liked the fit out of both the MJ Bale stores. Then again, I'm...
  Nice - what's the collar style on those bad boys? Your own suggestion or one of the three options on the site?   In good news, I received notice that my order had been shipped. Ordered 9/11, shipped 22/11. 
Heading into a (physical!) MJ Bale store to lift my suit game today - will probably opt for the 2 for 1000 deal depending on what's on offer. Definitely a charcoal/grey (thinking the Mudgee Grey Weave - looking at you, Jason/Charlie's Wardrobe!) and maybe a blue/navy.   Sydneysiders, is there much difference between the flagship Woollahra store and the others in terms of the range/stock they have on offer? Westfield Syd is more convenient but I don't want to be left...
Thanks to everyone for your feedback about your orders, especially Lachyzee - helps newbies like me know what to expect.   Can't believe you went for a popover Lachyzee - so fashion forward! Might give it a try myself for summer :) Really dig the shape of the collar on your checked shirt - what specifications did you give for that? Any idea how it compare to the semi-spread and English spread options on the site? I ordered one of each for my first one (which...
Just in time for summer! Welcome to the Barbour family - what did you end up getting? 
Cheers for that, will check them out. I've also had EyewearYouwear in Surry Hills recommended as another optometrist with a good range of frames.
SF brainstrust, do you guys have any recommendations for optometrists with a decent range of quality frames in Sydney (CBD, inner city, inner-West/East areas)? Given the ridiculous cost of my prescription, I'm not willing to risk purchasing frames online. Ta!
It's not necessarily just the Chinese either - it's the same phenomenon in India and other countries where a large part of the population suddenly comes into significant amount of wealth. For them, social status is manifest in Western brands. To an extent you can't really blame them either for a lot of them have come from pretty humble backgrounds and spent their whole lives trying to climb that social and economic ladder. As for their kids, the generation hitting their...
Don't worry, I had the same thoughts haha.    Thoughts on my first experience thus far (having put an order in on 9 Nov): - It's concerning that Luxire replies quicker to inquiries on Styleforum than to those made through the 'contact us' tab on their own website. Still waiting on my inquiry but I've already put my order through. Next time I'll be asking questions here.  - I ordered two shirts and put individual measurements through for both but then got an email two days...