or Connect

Posts by kanedamike

Hi a tailor, for adding 4" to the seat, did you mean to the seat of the jacket or the seat of the trousers?
  Hi a tailor, for adding 4" to the seat, did you mean to the seat of the jacket or the seat of the trousers?
- cousin doughnuts     Thanks for your input. My tailor could not let out the waist. He basically told me to return it and get a bigger suit. Then he can work with it. I had some advice to add +4" to the hips and +4" to the waist and also +0.25" to each shoulder. I might add +1.25" to the length of the jacket and +0.5" to the sleeves. I might go with that and see what happens.
Thanks a tailor! This is very helpful. I appreciate your response.   I took the suit to a tailor and he did tell me I would have to get a new one and that I would have to extend the length of the sleeves by about 0.5". He didn't give me measurement adjustments on other items though. He just told me to get a bigger suit.   I'll remember not to flap my arms for the next one!
  Thanks for your input VinnyMac. Maybe the suit is so off, I should just return it. I'm not even sure what measurements to give them for adjustments.
Hi all,   I went to Indochino's traveling tailor when they came to SF and let them take my measurements, so this is the result. I took is to a tailor and he said the jacket is a size to small for me. I know the sleeve length is a little short too. I feel like I need to bring out the shoulders more, and I don't know if its just me, but it looks kind of funny when buttoned.   Does anyone have any recommendations on measurements to change for:   Jacket Length? Chest...
Hi everyone,   This is my first suit from Indochino. The essential grey suit. I'm planning to send it in for a remake but would like your suggestions. I went to the SF traveling tailor pop up and they took all my measurements and this is what came out.     [[SPOILER]]   I took my suit to a tailor and he said I should return it because its a size too small. I am trying to go for the european fit though, but I dont want it to look too funny.   Here is what I might...