or Connect

Posts by Stebbin

The hands should work as they're all based on the 7s26 movement used for the mid-sized and SKX007/009 models but I've found that some of the aftermarket seconds hands do vary slightly and I'd recommend either buying a second set or taking it to a watchsmith rather than doing it at home. 
My most recent mod which I completed last night, a restored seiko skx013 with a custom dial from yobokies, sword hour hands and plongeur minute hand and pilot strap.
I needed some knitted wool waistcoats to accompany some two piece suits I have. TM Lewin was proving expensive and I noticed Woolovers is having a sale with 2 for $66 with shipping. I picked up one in navy and a biege flannel to see if they're any good.   http://www.woolovers.com.au/lambswool/mens/waistcoat-lambswool-mens.aspx 
I owned a couple from 2012 when the AUD-USD exchange rate was more favourable. They're not bad watches although there may be some issues with the quality control on the Seagull clone movements. Mine gave out after about a year of wear and I've moved onto other automatic watches. You may need to replace the straps  and service the movement but they do represent a reasonable price:quality ratio. 
I'm more familiar with the SRP/SKX divers lines and the Seiko wins out with the build quality but at over twice the price. The 7s26/36 and 4R36 movements have a longer power reserve than the DG2813 and the rotor isn't as loud. The Tiger is perfectly acceptable at the sub 120 price range though and rather unique in terms of look.
It's not a bad watch and it's very solidly built but I'd say it's a few hairs short of a Seiko. The crystal is a domed mineral, it has a bi-directional non-clicking bezel that turns rather easily and the lume isn't as strong as the Seiko monsters. I picked up the DG2813 movement as I liked the hacking feature and I think the price difference isn't worth the Miyota. The 3 nato straps that came with it are very comfortable and of excellent quality.
  Seiko SRP601 on a shark grain deployment strap from CousinsUK. The rough texture of the strap works well with the tool aesthetic of the watch. 
  Tiger Concept 6538 homage. 
Put in Monster Hands and a domed acrylic crystal to make it resemble a Shogun
Decided to rock my modded orient ray on a shark mesh bracelet today.