or Connect

Posts by smdbitchh

I was driving myself crazy looking for a tailor to hem the shirt and keep the same shape as it was originally. Im sure its not a hard alteration but read nightmare stories of people getting shirts back all fucked up or they do a straight hem or something. Decided to give it a wash and tumble dry on low to get any initial shrinkage out of the way so I would know how much to get hemmed. I have never had a Gitman shirt shrink in the past so I wasn't expecting much. Measured...
I was just in the market for a denim jacket so I was looking at a bunch as well. Not familiar with either of these but in my search I came across a bunch of cool ones that you could check out as well unless you are set on one of these. -railcar finegoods type 2 denimjacket-rogue territory supply jacket-apc's new raw denim work jacket. Ended up getting the apc and a tan one from rogue territory but all looked really nice. No stores carried the railcar in my area so didnt...
Looking to have a gitman vintage shirt hemmed that is a bit long. Its a Very casual print so most likely wont be tucking it in at any point.   There is a tailor I go to on Orchard street for pant hems but have never taken anything there that was any more complicated of a alteration.   I would like to take it to a place that would give me professional  feedback on how much to hem without it throwing the button stance off. What does this type of alteration typically cost...
I havent washed mine yet but I doubt they will shrink much at all.
I have the SK's in a 29 and had them hemmed to a 32" inseam and they are still only 7 at the opening which is nice.  I think since you are hemming them even more they would be a bit wider but the smaller waist size has a smaller opening by a decent amount so should be plenty tapered regardless. the 29 have a 7" opening and the 28 and below it drops to 6.5"
I will post one when I get in but its definately a bit long untucked.  
Yeah sounds right. Guess it just happens that this one falls on the longer side of that range.  Never had a shirt shortened by a tailor is this a fairly simple alteration with good results or not worth the effort. 
medium. I actually just took another look and Needsupply did have the length listed as 31". I never really check closely for that measurement since it has never been a problem. Normally just check the pit to pit and shoulder. Strange thing I just noticed is the front length is similar to my other gitmans but the back goes down further. The fabric is heavy so that might account for part of the difference in size. I know people say they are pre-washed and dont shrink much...
Bahia shirt came in the mail today. Very cool print.   but first thing I noticed it looked very long.   Have a bunch of gitman shirts so I checked with my measuring tape down the back from the collar seam and its a little over 31" inches. Others were all about 28-29.5". Wondering if the short sleeve gitmans run a bit longer or if the others have shrank a bit with wash and hang dry. Since Im most likely going to only wear this shirt untucked hoping maybe I can give it a...
I pulled the trigger and ordered the bahia shirt from needsupply.  Guess I will se how heavy the fabric is. Someone else mentioned it was heavy but breathable. The print was too cool to pass on.  If anyone has the "light leopard" in medium and it doesnt work out let me know. I didnt notice it on the needsupply site untl the other day..must have been only showing in the sale section