or Connect

Posts by Sam H

I use these in all my shoes..reading this thread post bump, I can't really tell what people mean about "full heel"..the wood lore from rack seem fine for unfinished cedar shoe trees. I do notice some splintering, but ultimately my shoes seem to all be in good shape (reasonsably so)
Tried Mezcal for the first time in Mexico last week, came back and bought a bottle of Del Maguey Tobala. It's like Laguvulin's unaged agave cousin. Excellent.
Some days when I'm wearing certain shoes, I'll get home and put my cedar shoe trees in only to take them out shortly later to put my shoes back on and I'll see damp spots on the wood, so I would argue there certainly is some sort of moisture absorption going on. But I think it has to do with hot the shoes wears, the weather and the socks I'm wearing maybe. Ultimately it probably doesn't matter that much but a) my shoe trees aren't worse off for absorbing years of dampness,...
I don't feel like costume is a fair word given that unless it's some over the top outfit it's probably made by a tailor and functions as expected but simply manufactured solely as part of the wardrobe for the film and not for personal use. I know that a lot of custom tailors do wardrobe work as well.
What you've pieced together is essentially what I was envisioning. I couldn't picture what I meant by cloth shoes but those pretty much are what I would have pictured if I knew about them. Like someone else said, you may still want to see the tailor for the suit rather than BB as the suit will still probably not be vegan with horsehair canvas. Also the look would be very bright yet low contrast with all the white and offwhite and may not be wearable super regularly without...
I've noticed personally there is always this mental tug of war in which something looks good in an ad but you have to recalibrate and remember how precious and affected it would look in real life. I think the best antidote for me is when some timeless movie star had great fashion sense but almost no affectations and you realize having a small masculine wardrobe is always going to age better and be more versatile. Of course I still give into a lot of stuff more than I...
Veganism precludes silk and wool so you will be looking at linen and cotton for your suits and ties. I don't know about synthetic alternatives to wool but they are generally frowned upon as being not that good. Also, if you are concerned about veganism you probably don't want to support the synthetic industry either as I would imagine petroleum derived fabrics are also not great for the environment.   I also am unsure of what kind of footwear you could get. In my...
I was thinking about buying some 5 pocket cut flannels next winter. I agree, I don't like wearing shirt + pants alone although sometimes I do. I would keep my nicer pants pressed and have some casual alternatives. I don't see a problem with wool cut and worn casually. I also don't care if it breaks a rule because I would be doing this for the SWD side of things not the CM side.
Those are fashion driven civilian takes on the M65 field jacket, or a similar field jacket. You can find legitimate M65s in army surplus stores, as stated above by shirtmaven. These will tend to be very hefty jackets made for real military use. The ones you linked to on the other hand look like the various mall brand takes in which the canvas they are constructed with is much thinner and less rugged and the jacket itself is more fitted.   I had something like that I got...
What kind of suit and for what setting? They are too light for conservative business environment but could be worn with some suits in a fashionable context. I wear similar shoes from Meermin with a seersucker suit sometimes, for example.