or Connect

Posts by Sam H

Just checking in to say that I no longer have a Lawless login, still. My order is from November 30th. Now I'm apparently removed from their system. I gave them $50 and got nothing. I no longer even have the promise of something. Perhaps asking for my order to be cancelled was too curt for them and so they did this to tell me to screw off. People who get things from their are either lucky or shills. The entire business is beyond fucked up.   I'm glad I'm not one of the...
Same @winterland it seems like you want to enforce neutrality on the issue but a lot of people don't buy into Kickstarter nonsense or dogmatic brand loyalty and simply ordered (and paid for) clothing that they haven't received in a timely fashion. That is fraudulent, on the part of Lawless. Anyone looking for a legitimate take on the brand should be beaten over the head with the reality that the clothing will not ship in the normal amount of time one would expect denim...
I've actually heard that Tuxedo shoes should not be Goodyear welted specifically, for the slimmer profile. I am not an expert in this regard, however, but it may be why you are finding so few. It may not actually be "traditional" to use a good year welt in that instance
I also received the confirmation email. I assumed it was because I posted negatively here and someone saw it lol
I literally just bought your second link https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4609 for wedding this summer and any other time I need a light summery Oxford.   I plan to wear it with seersucker suit though, not wool. Either way, I really like the look of them.   The color is antique chestnut where the antique prefix refers to the burnishing I assume. This effect isn't distracting or over-pronounced in person, it's played up more on the website photos. Maybe later I...
I placed an order on November 30th 2014. It's now June 10th 2015. At one point I sent a message saying I wanted to cancel my order (May 2nd). No response. Still "Awaiting Fulfillment".   I strongly recommend not purchasing from these guys. Luckily I only ordered one pair for $50. Amex will not process any chargebacks at this point. I'm not sure how some people actually have gotten their orders, but to be honest it sounds like BS. I wonder how many people claiming to have...
I think it also depends on the party. If I showed up to a costume party dressed up in a serious manner, people would either take it as a costume in and of itself, or think it was weird and obnoxious. I'm also in my 20s. I don't get invited to Halloween events where anyone would ever expect you to care about what you would wear. It would be way more attention seeking for me to attempt to redefine the party as some sort of sartorial competition, then to dress casually or in...
I like Halloween! I always dress up. Sometimes it's utterly ridiculous stuff that SF would never approve of, but this year I'm bringing back my Patrick Bateman costume since I didn't actually get to wear it on Halloween two years ago because of the hurricane (I wore it to some parties in the weeks leading up). I've had 7 years of originality, this year I'm going to be cheap and lazy and repetitive by doing it again.
I just wanted to take a second to recommend Cardelino Tailors. I went to the one on Broadway. I guess another one is right around the corner from it and I don't know their relationship to each other.   Anyway I had gotten my first suit that wasn't from a place with in-house tailoring (it was a Hardwick Seersucker from AmericanSuitStore.com) and so I was looking here for good tailors. I settled on Cardelino for price, location and recommendation.   I am extremely happy...
I only see white tie at this event