Posts by Sam H

I like Mr. Ned's. I really want to get some custom trousers myself. I am not even hard to fit, but the two pairs of custom trousers I own are part of a tuxedo and part of a suit respectively, from Ned's, and it's just so impressively better, like wearing pants for the first time. I have no other baseline to compare to, but I like Mr Ned's work. I believe he does minimums of 2 for trousers (don't quote me on that) but they are budget friendly. Also, he is not going to try...
I think looking towards modern politicians on how to dress is a mistake and I say that from a non-partisan perspective. Modern day politicians dress like the McMansions of people. They look good to people who think every jacket constitutes a suit and would probably think most suits could be improved if they were cut from a desecrated American flag rather than a bolt of wool.
Yeah, I agree about the shirt. I have a navy stripe shirt where the stripe width is that of an OCBD (but the shirt itself is spread collar and broadcloth) that I plan to wear with that tie and the suit. The shirt I have on there is the shirt I was wearing all day at work and then after work, and I didn't want to put on another shirt late at night just for modeling a quick photo.
Just picked this up today from Mr. Ned's. Once again, all I have is a mirror shot, but the trousers are forward pleated and cuffed. I'm excited to find a place to wear this Shirt is CEGO and tie is Sam Hober. The jacket rolls nicely to bottom button (as in photo) but I plan to wear it as 6x2 as it was made for, for the most part.
Now I'm curious. What was it? Just had my final fitting today of the double breasted suit I'm getting made. It was pretty cool seeing the jacket for the first time as I have never tried on a double breasted suit before.
Nice, me too. I suppose it's sort of a silly question to ask in this thread :D
About a year ago, I was looking to get my first custom tailored clothing made in a price range I can afford, and had heard of Mr. Ned from these forums. However, upon further inspection, most people either never followed through with pictures or the pictures were lost to bad image hosts and time. Furthermore, many pictures and testimonies are from the mid 2000s.   It would be nice if anyone else with Mr. Ned clothes came out of the woodwork to post pics, preferably on a...
Anyone going to wear black tie for NYE?
I just ordered a white linen pocket square with an orange hand-crochet border from Tamarina Traditionals. I'm very happy with it, I haven't seen anyone talk about them here, but Tamarina herself hand-rolls pocket squares as well as adds custom embroidery/crochet/hemstitching. Everything is made to order, but I saw she had made this orange bordered one before and asked if she could make another. I'm very pleased with the result, a nice bordered white linen square. I intend...
I asked him that and I could but he thinks that would make it a 6x1 with the 6x2 being more awkward. Since I'd rather have 6x2 I'll just stick with that. He says it's perfectly fine to only button the bottom button regardless but the roll of the jacket is constructed to 6x2 and that's a decision that I have to make if I want it to roll some other way. So I'll keep it as is and see how much of a 6x1 roll I get if I go that route and then get a matching vest made if I like...