or Connect

Posts by n00b2000

There was indeed a spare matching button sewn into the pocket that can be used. And the cuffs are non-functioning at the moment, so I may get those done at the same time as the front buttons. In any event, the suit is a very dark navy blue, so I don't think a difference between the front and cuff buttonholes would be noticeable to anyone except me - not 100% ideal, but I can certainly live with it.    Thanks for the feedback everyone! 
***Apologies if this has been covered before - I searched the forums for a while and couldn't find anything, but if I missed a thread, please feel welcome to flame me mercilessly and then direct me to said thread.    I recently acquired a suit that, against all odds, fits me extremely well - actually a first for anything besides a MTM. The only issue with it is that it's a one-button. Now, I don't wish to start a thread debating the merits of this style - there's...
I'm 5' 10", about 165 with relatively narrow shoulders, even for my height. I've got a couple of peak suits where the lapel measures 3.75 inches and it doesn't overpower my frame at all. I agree with Needsmoreshoes that narrow peaks tend to look unbalanced, so I'd personally lean away from that.   I've always thought that slanted pockets favor a more athletic build, although I honestly couldn't tell you quite why - when I've tried on jackets with slanted pockets, I...
Hey, my name's Greg, and as per the very friendly welcome message I just received I'm doing a little intro post here.    I'm in my late 20s, attending law school in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Over the last few years I've begun to take much greater control over my wardrobe - prior to that I had a lot of suits from Moore's (Canada's version of Men's Wearhouse) that fitted me just awfully. I've since become acquainted with some lower-end MTM stuff like Indochino which,...