or Connect

Posts by Jeff M

I'm staying tuned as well, a lot of brands I tried are still baggy, especially in the sleeves.  One brand I have been eyeing for a while and plan on buying a couple from is Charles Tyrwhitt, I've heard that they are a more European cut, so much slimmer than what you might find from a typical American brand, and they have super slim.  Another I have heard about is TM Lewin.  I don't have any first hand experience with either one, but I have heard very good things....
Good call on the navy, I don't like the pinstripes though, for the same reasons mentioned above.  I think the tie is ok, but I agree with bellyhungry about the shirt and shoes.  I'm not really a fan of shoes that have patterns like that (croc skin, whatever), a bit too flashy for my tastes.    If you must have some sort of pattern on your shoes, maybe go with something like this: But the plain oxfords are much more versatile and will be a much better choice for...
  Yes.  You have your own style and sense of what you like, if you like something, get it.  One of my favorite quotes is "I don't give a damn what others think of me, I care what I think of me."  For me, this is partially true.  Sure I do care a little bit about what opinions are formed about me, but at the end of the day you only have to answer to one person: you.  My previous comment about H&M stems from a poor quality blazer I once bought from them a while ago, but at...
IE9?!    lol maybe you have your reasons for using that particular browser, but might I recommend upgrading to at least Firefox?  Chrome would be your best option, IMHO.  I am not having any of the same issues that you are, and I use Google Chrome.  Maybe it will help, maybe not, but it might be worth trying.
There are a couple pieces of information that would help your cause.  First, what city do you live in?  There are members from all over, so if you live near someone, they may be able to help.  Second, what is your budget?  You mentioned prices ranges from $60-1200, but didn't specify what you are looking for in price.    Don't stoop to H&M, you can find something much better (lightly used, obviously) at a thrift store.  If you are on a tight budget like me, I...
I still can't get it on Tapatalk, whenever I try to access the forum it just closes the app.  I have already re-installed the app and it didn't help, so if anyone here has ideas, I would love to hear them.  I am using an iPhone 4.
If you're on a budget then you might want to check ebay and/or thrift stores, you can usually find some AEs or something of better quality in good used condition.  If you see something online that you're not sure about, try to find a store that sells them, try them on, then buy cheaper online if you like them.
Gotcha, thanks for the info
I went to JAB a couple months ago when they had one of their buy 1 get 2 things going on, and since I look much better in slim fitting clothing, the salesman recommended I look elsewhere since JAB is more "portly", to quote what was mentioned above.  However, I think it might be a recent addition to their line, they have slim fit suits and shirts now.  Does anyone have experience with their slim fitting stuff?  I suppose I could always go to the store and try stuff on,...
Apologies for the poor picture quality, I will use natural light when the sun comes up again.  And I know I need a haircut, it does that stupid wavy thing when it gets too long.  The sweater could be a bit smaller so it fits better, so I might attempt to shrink it a bit.