or Connect

Posts by databody

Thanks for your replies-- if it has a leather sole and is comfortable, I aimed to spend 0-250; it appears though that the Allen Edmunds shoes are slightly over, which is OK, if they are 'worth it' (comfortable enough to give an hour long talk in and then stand and talk to people in receptions and walk building to building on a hilly campus and then to evening events--at least twice a week, to err on the safe side).   Those Meermins look nice--are they sold in any...
I'm looking for an inexpensive pair of _comfortable_ oxfords, preferably with leather soles and of quality construction. Black.   I'm a grad student and want to feel comfortable on my feet, potentially for hours.   Can you post a letter of recommendation for your shoes?
Thanks for your replies.   Sounds like this is a little informal to be my only complete lounge suit.   Could you guys recommend a nice more formal suit that would have a similar fit to the ludlow in navy or perhaps a darker charcoal gray that is closer to black? (I'm rather skinny--130 lbs and 5'8''; J Crew's 36S and 29X30s fit perfectly).   I checked crew's website but I'm not certain that the fabrics of suits that might fit this description are formal...
Thanks for your replies.   Sounds like this is a little informal to be my only complete lounge suit.   Could you guys recommend a nice more formal suit that would have a similar fit to the ludlow in navy or perhaps a darker charcoal gray that is closer to black? (I'm rather skinny--130 lbs and 5'8''; J Crew's 36S and 29X30s fit perfectly).   I checked crew's website but I'm not certain that the fabrics of suits that might fit this description are formal...
                  Hi:   I recently got this suit from J crew (ludlow in charcoal gray "worsted wool"--not solid; looked like nailhead in the lighting in the store but when I took it home it appeared to just be stitching with two shades of gray and white/light gray).   I'm rather new to suits and am not sure exactly where I can wear this and where it might stand out too much, look pretentious or look overly casual.   I'm currently in academia...