or Connect

Posts by pinkformen

How can I repair a belt clip/pin?  The buckle is intact but the clip broke during a car accident I had over the weekend.   There are no chicago screws and I would rather keep the rest of the buckle if possible as the belt has sentimental value to me.   The buckle is the same as this but the belt is different.  
Well thanks for your help everyone, this was the final outfit for the wedding last night. I don't want to come off as arrogant but I was definitely the most appropriate and sharpest dressed there last night! It definitely helped with the ladies lol.    
Haha I know what you mean. I think a big problem is many drivers go from a car to a full size truck or SUV, then drive it like a car. You have to drive a truck/SUV very differently and know where every part of your vehicle is.   In my case I actually have the opposite problem. I have trouble driving "small" cars. Being 6ft 3 definitely doesn't help but the lack of size makes parking that much harder as I'm used to a large turning radius and lane changes... the wheel is...
  Just curious what was the SUV? In the end physics wins heavier object > lighter object. I'm guessing the SUV was triple the weight of the lotus lol   My truck at the time, a Silverado 1500HD crew cab, plowed right through a Toyota Echo at 60kph. Literally shattered the Echo into bits until the front bumper was resting on the back of the Echo Driver's head rest. (very lucky woman).   The truck needed a new grille, bumper, lights and hood. Nothing else. The Echo on the...
Yup, I know that but it fit without any alterations and in the time constraint (needed for tomorrow) it saved my butt. I'm still searching for a local tailor that can do shirts in the 100$ range though.   So far the cheapest and quality custom shirts are 300$ a piece (if I order three). I may go for it when I'm in Tokyo again next year. I really wish I did. I screwed up following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RitsFlQDL3g   Maybe it was my teenage muscle...
It was actually my first attempt at a four in a hand knot I'll give both a proper half and full windsor a try when I get home (those two I know how to tie haha).   I'm in Montreal but the main problem is the combination of slim fit and long arms. If I settled for regular fit it would have been a bit easier to find, but even with darts regular fit would have to be chopped on the sides by a tailor to somewhat fit my body shape.   That said, Montreal is one of the least...
Thanks for the tips. The pinstripes are turning out to be fairly hidden and since it's an evening affair in a theater I think the suit will appear like in the image.   I'll give the full windsor a shot tonight :). Unfortunately I couldn't find any shirts with cuffs locally without a special order or bespoke. I'm a 36/37 arm and enjoy slim fit. Only Boss had a shirt that actually fit so I took it. Height can be great but at times, especially with fashion, it can bite you...
I plan on a whole lot of dancing and getting pretty sloshed, so mine should look similar in black then ;). I guess I should prepare to start looking at the shoe care thread haha   I will definitely go for the linen then! Thanks! I found a store that sells linen in white for 15$ 
  I see why white really works better! Thanks! Should I aim for Linen, Cotton or Silk? (the tie is a bit shiny)   Ouch! Those look like they've been daily worn! :O I hope mine do survive after seeing those
Hehe, if I were getting married I'd be springing far more for a suit ;).   Alright, here's a quick pic. It's not the greatest in terms of representing color *suit is navy with light blue and dark blue pinstripes.   I found a slightly dotted lightblue/steel color slim tie in my closet. The pocket square is light blue and I think it will definitely have to change but quick thoughts?