or Connect

Posts by Marc Voorhees

an odd jacket you say? in a slightly on he smaller side 44 you say? in a nice blue you say? more measurements please??also, my favorite kop made an appearance this morning
I wandered into Kamakura, I happen to like the shirts! sadly was pressed for time and didn't try any on, but I may. As a conclusion(or maybe a more heated discussion) for this thread, I actually went to our very own David Reeves. prices were reasonable, and the process is bespoke. we will see how fittings and the test shirt come out. it will be a telling tale, for me at least, about the product his system can produce. very excited all in all!
ey all, thanks for the help! I let the dry a few days before fiddling with the . sadly, the leather is certainly damaged in some spots. I had hoped for a while that it would have just been wax flaking or some such but alas. I have decided to send them back to EG and have them completely restore them. this coincides with me needing new heels anyway, so meh. let them deal with it. thanks again all!
Hey guys, thank you for talking me down off of the edge a bit. They have dried quite a bit in the past few hours. I ave two questions,   1) Should I be actively encouraging them to dry faster? sticking them in a bag of rice or something?   2) What, when things are dry, am I able to do about the bubbling (or spalling maybe?) on the leather to get it to smooth back out? Will the lexol help with that? will nothing really ever fix that? it isn't horribly noticeable,and...
Hello All,   Went to new york this weekend, ad forgot how terrible the rain can get there. I was wearing my Brown EG's, and this is the result. I am actually speechless add I haven't a clue where to even begin. Please help me save my babies.... Does EG offer  restoration service? for these it would be worth investing in....     the leather is bubbling? for a lack of a better term at places, the shoes have been drying for going on 24 hours, but I think they may still...
Geneva is up to 300 now?? older threads seemed to indicate otherwise. I was also under the impression(from an older thread) that Geneva required a 6 shirt order, is this still true? MTM isn't a turnoff for me, I am just looking for the best possible bang for my paltry shirt budget I have already used PC, just looking about for other options. I appreciate the information!
the wife and I are going into the city on Saturday, and I figured I would get measured for a few shirts. CEGO is high on my list, but due to a scheduling conflict I will have to visit Carl in December. Can anyone else offer advice in who I should see? a few considerations 1) I don't want to buy More than 3/shirts. to be honest, I would prefer 1 or 2. but 3 is the absolute maximum. 2) would prefer to spend less than 220 if I am buying 3, could spend more if I could...
I may make the suggestion that with your French cuff shirts you do a wee bit more adjusting. like I said, after the first dry cleaning, they fit great, they seem to have lost a little more each time. the barrel cuffs I have don't seem to have this problem. still happy with the shirts, just perplexed hopefully making a big order soon. want to round out my business shirts and replace the rest of my bb ones
Hello All,   I thought I would ask a question about what I am noticing with my shirts. I have 5 of your shirts now I believe, ad I have noticed that every time I have them pressed, they come back a little tighter in odd places. The shirts still fit great in the neck, chest, body, but the cuffs have gotten progressively smaller and smaller   I started out being able to wear any of my watches, wit my shirts, and now I am not able to wear any of them. Is this something...
Sigh. No more week long business trips for me. I miss all of the good shit in my size..........