or Connect

Posts by Aviv

Just sell them on evil bay or grailed and then you can buy two pairs of service boots in other leathers! Plenty of options out there, just sayin.
For sale is a pair of Red Wing Heritage Iron Rangers in excellent condition. This is the 8111 model. They are size 11D. I have worn them on and off for about a month and a half. They have a few scuffs but are basically like new. Priced to move at $125 shipped!
For sale is a pair of Samurai S710XX, tag size 32. These have been hot soaked once, worn for 2 weeks, cold washed on gentle with no spin, and worn about 4-5 times more. They just don't quite suit my style. The denim is unreal - it is just barely beginning to show character and has a long way to go. These have never been hemmed or altered.    Current measurements:   Waist: 16 inches across Front rise: 10.5 Upper thigh: 12 Knee: 8.75 Hem: 7.5   Price is $115...
Yea that is really messed up. I wish I had taken pictures like that when I had the GYW horsehide. They were similarly smaller in a striking way. I assume Viberg wants to avoid even more confusion about their sizing so they're trying to sweep this under the rug. I got the same response this week that I should size exactly the same regardless of construction method. It's tough because they must do most of their "fashion" business online, but now with the different lasts and...
Double post oops
Well that's just it. A half size up on SD is too big for me. I have a narrow heel and the wider E width of Viberg is already a bit big. I am able to make it work by lacing up accordingly on my size. Going up means I'm swimming in them, even with thick socks.I'm trying to figure out if it was just the one pair I had and maybe the tightness of the guidi leather. I'm waiting for a follow up from Drew about this. I know some guys can go between half sizes with different lasts...
I appreciate the input. Viberg told me same size across SD or GYW. My foot is narrow but wierdly wide at the toes. This could be an anatomy problem.
Oh God I want the unglazed navy shell so badly it hurts. I might finally crack this time if my trigger finger is quick enough.    No on to the difficult question: sizing. I have had bad experience with the GYW. I am one of those for whom if I get my usual Viberg size (10.5) on the 2030 GYW, my toes feel crushed. The only two pairs I've tried were the guidi horse service boot and the guidi calf derby. The derby felt better because it was unstructured but man those...
Yup I hear that. I'm taking a bit of a gamble but I feel confident my size will remain. It's been a few days now and I'm guessing by the weekend they drop the prices more. 
So does Mr Porter tend to do an additional price drop? I feel like I've seen them go from 50% to 70 or 80%? I'm holding out on a few things which are only at 30% right now...