or Connect

Posts by VinnyMac

Well, since it's been bumped, the stereotypical styleforum member...   ...uses the phrase, "I'm in the market for" A LOT because he thinks that it sounds sophisticated. ...assumes that anyone who doesn't use Styleforum rules doesn't know better...forget about personal taste. ...proves that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Only you know what it's worth to you, so only you can decide whether or not you overpaid.
LOL! They airbrushed his hairline!!!!! LOL!!!!!!
Wow. So it's true; eventually, every thread topic DOES come up again.
...fixed that for you.
  I didn't read the post, but when I saw the title, I literally lol'ed. OP's obviously a troll. Anyone who uses the term "orphaned suit jacket" knows the deal.
Unless they replaced that $20k with a reasonable commission structure, that's outrageous. I would have started looking for another job immediately. Hopefully, she hasn't just been spinning the wheels there and has added some meaningful accomplishments/skills to her resume.   I've said it before, and I'll say it again; retail is for suckers. I don't care what the company is. It's monkey work.
On its own, 50 hours isn't a lot, but going from 30-35 hours per week to 50+ is a big deal. IMO, the increase in pay isn't nearly enough for me to add 15+ hours to my work week (before commute time). I guess once you get to a certain pay level and number of hours, it's just not worth it anymore. At 30-35 hours/week, the amount of personal time is worth more than a few thousand dollar, but that's just one man's opinion.   As far as your goals go, you just have to pick...
When a manager says that he's not happy with your performance, you're already in a shxtty position. When you respond by saying that the job has been a "waste of time," you're in an even more shxtty position because it tells everyone that you've been slacking off and underperforming on purpose. That reflects pretty poorly on you, so you probably shouldn't expect to get a letter of recommendation (regardless of what they tell you right now). Offering to let you stay was...
Thanks...looking forward to it