or Connect

Posts by VinnyMac

I looked this up immediately after OP's second post.
This is hilarious and applies to a lot of what's circulated here. It really comes down to whether you think that there's value in the "rules" or not. Some people will get upset and defensive/indignant; those are the people who take it too seriously.
If you have to stare, then it's not "noticeable." If you want pristine shoes, then stop cheaping out for seconds.
You're not the first person to make up a scenario to "win" an online discussion, and you surely won't be the last. At the same time, I'm sure that this isn't your first time doing it, and it won't be your last.
Agreed. I would have just called OP an idiot, but the subtext would have been this exact comment.
The second one. The first one's wack.
In before Dumb Threads
Yep...like I said...a self-serving rationalization. I had THIS ^^^ very type of response in mind while I was typing my post. Damn, you're predictable.   If the office was filled with ties (by choice, not by requirement), and someone showed up wearing jeans and a graphic tshirt, you'd have started a thread about that dumb@ss guy who didn't get it, but since it's you who's on the outside, you spin it to make it seem like everyone else has it wrong and shouldn't "create a...
You weren't "mocked for taking pride in wanting to look nice." That's a self-serving rationalization. You were mocked because, by your own admission, no one (including you) usually dresses that way, so you stood out like a sore thumb.   You can keep trying to spin it to make it seem like your co-workers just don't get it, but a big part of being well-dressed is being context-appropriate. There's a lot of space between jeans-and-a-t-shirt and a suit. Find the sweet spot or...
It's your school picture. You tell us.