or Connect

Posts by VinnyMac

I received my walnut Franciscans and bourbon Hanovers today. GREAT!!!
  They grew on me. The bourbon Hanover became my favorite shoe on the website, so I'm glad that I was able to get them. At that price, they're much more reasonable. I picked up a pair of walnut Franciscans too.
       As a closing book-end to this conversation from "way back when," I just purchased a bourbon pair for $242.
  Yep...Last night, I copped two pairs (for sizing). I thought about sleeping on it, but now I'm glad that I didn't!
You got fxcked. Don't trust sales associates. They'll say anything to avoid saying "I don't know."
lol...What's "subtle" about telling you exactly what's happening? mohair + wool = unclear/subtle?
LOL!
LOL!
I hear you. It's not enough for people to simply say "I (don't) like it, so I (don't) buy it." They have to come up with sometimes asinine, overly complex rationalizations to make it seem like they're making the only logical choice. If you take care of them, then even cheap, leather shoes can last for a long time.  
First, contact your friends to verify that their idea of "black tie" is what you have in mind. Some people use the words "formal" and "black tie" when they only mean "wear a suit."   Second, go from there.   EDIT:   Third, don't wear that vest. The double-lapel 3-piece is one of the worst-looking suits out there, but I see it quite a bit. I guess guys think that it makes them look more fancy. It makes them look like idiots...just my opinion though.