or Connect

Posts by VinnyMac

You're not going to get a suit that "fits perfectly" by buying online made-to-measure. If you want it to fit perfectly, then stop cheaping out and spend money to have a suit made for you with fittings.
Just picked up RL Stratford monk strap in snuff suede and Saunders boot in chocolate suede.
Did you buy seconds? If so, what did you expect?
I see what you mean. If that's a dealbreaker, then it's just not the model for you. I doubt that it's a quality control issue.
 I'm not a fan of longwings, so I probably won't buy the Larchmont but I think that the bourbon Flatiron is great. I think that the 333 last is really nice last. It seems like some of the best shoes are on that last.
I wear the same size in both lasts. I've heard about people sizing down too, but I tried it, and it didn't feel right. It depends on the shape of your foot.
Yes, chocolate larchmont was in clearance a few weeks back.
Unless you got a great discount, I'd return them. Why'd it take so long for delivery?
That's an interesting point. I've got a few pairs of seconds, and all but the first pair (from 2010) look perfect. The first pair that I bought had clearly been tried on, and had some creasing. The last few don't show any signs of ever being outside of the boxes.
I'd say that almost anyone who's a regular reader of a thread like this one probably won't pay full retail for the items being discussed. First, you learn about why the product is so expensive. If you buy it, then you stick around. Then, you learn about ways to get it for less. From what I've seen, that's the way that it works in most threads for these types of items.