or Connect

Posts by newyorker2

would this be a perfectly acceptable combination to wear to someone else's wedding? i know shepherd's check is usually recommended, but I really like glencheck, i just don't know if the pattern is too busy for anyone but the groom? thanks  
I just bought an Isaia sportcoat and the top button is about an inch and a half above my navel (if I remember correctly—It's being tailored so I don't have it in front of me), with the bottom button being in between my navel and pantline. When I only button the top button, there is a slight space where you can see my shirt and tie if I'm wearing one (assuming it's tied to hang right at the pant line). I can't take pics at the moment, but if the jacket sounds too short...
thanks. white is good and i also really like light blue, but I'm worried about getting bored with just those two colors. I will throw a dark navy bengal stripe in there perhaps to mix things up at least on occasion.. 
just a few general questions about dress shirt/tie/shoe color/texture combinations.   1) sorry if this sounds a little ridiculous, but can you wear a cream dress shirt with a navy suit, or is it only to be worn with a brown suit? if you can wear it effectively with a navy suit, is it okay for an investment banking environment?  lastly, is this turnbull & asser cream dress shirt an okay shade to...
I bought a couple ties recently, and I want to know whether to return them or not.  8cm (3.25 inches) Drake's cashmere (navy) Drake's grenadine (wine) Drake's glencheck (dark navy and white) Drake's satin (midnight blue) Turnbull & Asser polka dot (navy with white dots)   7cm (3 inches) Brioni knitted silk in sky blue http://www.mrporter.com/product/176425 Brioni knitted silk in grey http://www.mrporter.com/product/176427   I considered buying...
  That is true, but I figured that having your own boutique would be more distant from the actual industry itself..  I mean, you could own a record store but would just be considered a small business owner rather than working in the music industry.. I guess.    and maybe I jumped the gun—The kids at the school are fine, they just don't seem very business oriented. A lot of people are involved in the creative side of the industry and don't think/or even care about making...
the money is all in investment.. I'm 20 years old, dropped out of the university I was at and transferred to a specialty school for the fashion industry.. realized after I transferred that I hate the fashion industry and the kids at the school, and am kicking myself over leaving my old school as all of my friends are already in their third year and interning at investment banks.. I could transfer back but at the same time don't want to pay $25,000 a semester out of...