or Connect

Posts by Firefox

I haven't been keeping up on the latest AE shoes, but when I was in a store the other day, I saw some that I don't think I've seen before.   My favourite AE shoe (and the one that gets the most wear) are my Chili Delrays. I work in a business-casual environment, and I find they are very versatile. They work with dress pants and a button-down shirt, or jeans and a polo shirt on casual Fridays. I can even get by wearing them with a mid-grey suit (although I typically wear...
 Yeah I've noticed this too. When I started drinking Talisker 10 a couple years ago, it was around $80. It's now $100.   
Just realized that SF had a bourbon thread in addition to the scotch thread!    The last time I was in the U.S. I picked up a bottle of Smooth Ambler Old Scout 7 Year on the recommendation of a guy at Total Wine. I love it! For a 99 proof whiskey, it's incredibly smooth. I wish I could get it at the LCBO (although knowing them, they would probably charge $90 for it).
  (of course, I shudder to think what the LCBO would charge for it...) I didn't even know; thanks for the heads-up!
The economy's tight these days. Even supervillians are going out of business.
I checked out the Eaton Centre location. There were a few decent items, but nothing in my size that I really wanted to pay for. I was hoping to find a lighter-weight sportscoat in a lighter colour, but came up empty. Of course, it all depends on your size. The sizes at the ends of the spectrum (i.e. smaller or larger) seem to last longer than more common sizes.  I still have my $300 credit and I want to use it before my SA forgets/leaves/etc. I was considering just getting...
Absolutely, not to mention Canadian as well. If it's whisk(e)y, it's good! I generally drink more scotch in the winter and more bourbon in the summer. For cocktails (e.g. Manhattan), I typically go Canadian, although I sometimes drink it neat. On the topic of bourbon, the last time I was in the U.S. I picked up a bottle of Smooth Ambler Old Scout 7 Year on the recommendation of the guy at Total Wine. It's awesome; if only the LCBO carried it.
 Ristretto, Roma, Darkhan, and Arpeggio Decaf have become my go-to mainstays. I also make an effort to try out the various limited time coffees. I liked the Malabar as well. The Peru isn't bad either, although probably not as interesting as the Malabar was.  In Canada, the capsules are $0.75 - $0.85 each. The regular pods are $0.75-$0.79, but the limited edition ones are usually around $0.85. Not sure why they would be so much cheaper in Europe (costs for most things are...
 +1. If new visitors to StyleForum take away nothing else, I hope they learn that when building a wardrobe, they should start from the shoes up. My grandfather had an oft-repeated philosophy that a pair of nice, well-maintained shoes can make up for mediocre clothing far better than a set of nice clothes can make up for dirty, mediocre shoes. To this day, I think he was dead on. Working in downtown Toronto, I can't believe the number of guys I see with nice suits and...
Yep exactly. They usually do it twice a year. With the discount, a two piece Samuelsohn MTM starts at a little over $1000 +tax, but depending on your fabric choice (and other options like surgeons cuffs, extra trousers, etc.) the price will go up from there.Yeah, I certainly feel for a lot of them. For every salesperson who has a healthy client list and is doing really well, there are probably three others who are just struggling to get by. I certainly wouldn't want their...