or Connect

Posts by ArchLeach

Hey Yoyo   I bought the 9011 and the Brogue Iron Rangers (8126) at the same time. Have worn each about 10 times. Like them both and don't regret either - but if I had to have only one, I would choose the 9011. My opinion is the leather is a bit thicker and softer. I think they also are a bit more comfortable fit. The Brogue IR's are a bit stiffer and have, I think, a different finish to the leather. I  would also venture to say that while the 9011 is surely suitable...
Hey Cathpah   Yes - basicly same lack there of. They have a different feel - less loose and a bit more work booty if you will but great nonetheless. The sole is different as I am sure you have noted but the lack of support is the same. I got the broque rangers and like ot wear them as a bit fancier like a wing tip shoe. Hate to generalize but if I was to do over, I would go down a half on the GTs with or with out the insert but stay true on the Iron Rangers. Not sure I...
Hey Cathpah   Please keep me up on the smartfeet and your reaction. Love to hear your opinion about size and the effect of the insert.
Hey Cathpah   I bought the 9011 Beckman and the Brogue Iron Ranger about a month ago. I wore them both today for a half a day with the same thin sock. I think the beckman is slightly larger in both length and width. I am about an 11 in most shoes but always 10.5-11.5. I bought both in 11 and they only come in a D width. I feel like the Iron Ranger fits my foot more comfortably particulaly the shoe bed. I think the ranger is not quite as wide or as long but not hugely...
Congrats dddress. I have only worn mine a couple of times, but I sure get lots of compliments on them. I am very pleased. There is a real good set of suggestions on care on about page 99 of this thread. I did the red wing leather conditioner and went for a long walk and it really wasn't too bad. I followed it with the Sapir renovator the next day and walked again. I really didn't think they were all that stiff. I set them aside for a few days and boy...when they aren't...
Hey Patrick:   Pictures were so motivational, I stopped by Buck and Ball and they didn't have the Latigo in stock but are shipping it to me. Sorry to steal the look .... but seems there is going to be a club uniform now. I guess we will know each other when we see each other with the 9011's and the Latigo belt.   Thanks again for the lead.   Brad
Sweet! It is pictures like that which got me hooked. Very nice and from what I have seen the color just gets richer and warmer over time. It is funny I cant wait to get some wear on them and grow the character of them but don't want to use them all up either. I think the 9011's were born for indigo slevedge. Good job!
Hi Guys:   Just wanted to tell you after reading here for a while, I finally pulled the trigger on some 9011's and also bought the Iron Ranger brogues. I love them both although have only had them for a couple of days. I have been following Brian Mendoza's recomendations for treatment - with RW conditioner, except (although ordered) my saphir hasn't arrived yet. Also wanted to tell you I was really happy with the price and service. Reasearch online lead me to a Red...