or Connect

Posts by ROT

Anybody have experience with the newer brands? I'm in the market for a 40R black cutaway and striped trousers, but the vintage ones are hard to find. Just got outbid on British eBay... Recommedations welcome. Thanks, ROT
Quote: Originally Posted by Todd I just purchased this chair (first link) - others can be found at the second link. Send me a message if you are interested in purchasing as I bought out of state for a decent discount. Todd http://www.hookerfurniture.com/index...452RS_5_04.jpg http://www.hookerfurniture.com/index...esk-chairs.cfm Nice looking stuff here, but I've got to have adjustable arms. Afraid that I'm doomed to a modern task...
Nice chair, The Contessa. I like the way the controls are located in the armrests. A bit out of my price; but if I can find a good deal, this will make the final cut. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Checks Coolest bottle sticker is Wild Turkey. Would you describe the taste of it for the group? I'm not the best at this. Wild Turkey 101 was the first bourbon I tasted. So for me, it's "The Bourbon Taste." The 101 is hot (alcoholic burn shouldn't be a surprise at 50% +) and I suspect that it was developed to drink over rocks, maybe with a shot of branch water added in for good measure. If I had to describe...
I have been drinking more Single Malt Scotch than Bourbon recently; but, as the weather has finally turned here in Central Virginia, it behooves me to bend an elbow and indulge in the official drink of the South. I've been through a lot of the choices out there but always come back to the Trinity: Wild Turkey, Maker's Mark and, surprisingly, the "new" 90 proof Virginia Gentleman (from right up the road a bit.) The Gentleman isn't as hot as the Wild Turkey 101 or as...
Checking Craig's list is a good idea, thanks. The Life Chair looks good as does Steeplechase's Think Chair. However, my realtor now has me staging the house since we're trying to sell. The upshot is furniture is going into storage -- nothing new until we move
Thanks for the help. Checking out the other chair selections now... yikes, a bit out of my price range. I'm trying not to go over $1,000. And I've got to have the adjustable height arms. The Meda chair looked to fit the bill, until I got to the $2K tag.... Off to look over the two websites mentioned.
bachbeet, I do have a Healthy Back Store just down the street. The CXO was a close runner up, but more expensive since I got the discounts on the Aeron. Will check again tomorrow. designprofessor, Eames... a sight for sore eyes. I'll look into the aluminium group asap. At the moment I'm using a mid-century modern aluminum chair whose seat and back rest I recovered in some leftover houndstooth flannel. It's quite comfortable except for the arm rests which are too high...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang As much as the Aeron has been touted as a landmark in modern design, I, too, find it hideous. Nevertheless, it is comfortable and would certainly get it if it can be found at a cut-rate price. Getting a good deal on "last year's model" before the price increase. And an additional 10% off if I buy the one off the floor. All of which is still hard to swallow taking into account the design. Unfortunately I...
Quote: Originally Posted by philosophe Personally, I use a split back chair. I find the design more comfortable than the aeron. But's all a matter of personal preference. Thanks philosophe. Split back? First I've run into that term. The chairs I tried out all had single piece backs. Could you forward a link to an example or a brand name, please? Cheers, ROT