or Connect

Posts by bamboo

I like twils for trousers. Whipcord, cavalry twills etc.  I would like to take a look at summer weight twills.Could you let me know which merchant/mill/book to take a look?  Thank you.
 As Chobo said, everything is too hot if you are outside in HKG humid summer.If you go finer fabric (sub 8oz)  you can only wear in summer time and tends to be not so durable.9oz Dugdale not a summer fabric IMO but wearable longest period of the year except coldest and hottest months. Nice choice of fabric and I would not blame sales rep explaining it to be "all season". 
Billybats.  In essence you gave 10/10 to Chan as it is imopossible to get real all season fabric in HKG.  If you are in always (24hour) in AC room, 8-9 oz or 9-10 oz fabric (Dugdale NFW or HS Crispair or HE Frontier) may be used all year around.  I wish your Wanchai tailor can do a good job of replication.  It is not a easy thing in realty.  May I know which fabric Chan used for your suit? 
 I agree.  Time frame is simply too short to make jackets or trousers done properly. You may get wearable/passable/fitted shirts made.  Get measured in the shop once and shirts being shipped to your home.  Your time and financial damage limited.
I understand that some test shoes mean their gauge shoes to check your feet.  I checked their web site and they make adjustment based on your foot length, ball girth and instep.  Test shoes may have softer leather to show the creases easily to check the fit.  
Hi. It must be too late, but what actually happened?  Usually MTO process does not involve test fitting in my experience.
Dormeiul Cashasilk
What fabric did you choose for beige DB waistcoat?  The same cloth on the back or lining cloth on the back? 
Hi.  Lots of office workers even don't wear jackets in summer time. I think sport coat (jacket) is a best bet to look good in your context.  Suit jacket is to be worn with the matching fabric trousers so it limits the use of it.   I think RTW is safer option, at that price point it is quite possible you end up with something unwearable.  It is possible to make something which can pass by but it requires a lot of knowledge, bargaining skills, patience and time....
@NicoHK I have both Yao (1 two piece suit) and Grand Tailor (2 two piece suits).  I have not seen concave or pagoda shoulders by Yao.  I like the overall fitting of Yao better and price of Fresco 2pcs was HKD14K a couple of years ago.  If you like strong shoulders, it is worthwhile to check out Grand Tailor.