or Connect

Posts by bamboo

I understand now that the Chinese character is the same for rubber, glue and plastic.  When I read "rubber" I thought of rubber as used in elastic band or neoplane kind of thing.  or eraser or family planning device.
  I agree that a tailor should inform the customer as much as possible practical.  but tailors in Hong Kong hate to let customers being knowledgeable according to your statements, in that case they will not tell customers anything unless asked explicitly.   I don't think fusing is rubber.  It is a fabric or non-woven fabric + adhesive.  Adhesive is mostly polyamide based according to one of the producer's website.   I am not sure if this is classified as rubber technically.
I have some jackets/suits made of normal weight fresco from various makers.  I have not had a bubbling problem yet. Of those, one has a thin fusing.  I suspect the tailor did that for handling or productivity purpose.  
I understand that you do not have "NEEDS"  or "WANTS" to make a gament for yourself anymore.  So what is your points being here?  You were pretty much DONE.
Thanks for your reply.  I understand that. So it is not that they listened to your style suggestion and ended up something unwearable.  It was good that you got your trousers to your satisfactory level.  I think in this case, there was some merit having middle man.  If you were dealing with workshop in Italy directly, it would have been even more difficult.
I did but I have nothing to add.  They were talked about enough I think.
It is just so common tailors/salesman  forget what he told me to do.  Not only traveling one but local one. Beyond certain point, I would give up dealing with them (local or traveling).  I have not heard of "do whatever customer wants" tailor from Europe so I found his experience interesting.  
That is the one.  
 No need to mention the name, but I am interested to hear about the experience.  I had experience that tailors did not do what I and he agreed. ie.  half lining vs full lining, light padding vs heavy padding etc.  
Recent discussion of Baotao (CMT) is interesting but it just shows the fact there is so few good tailor in Hong Kong. Customers feel being ripped off.  Tailors (salesperson) hate knowledgeable customers.  There is no "be-speaking" relationship here.